RentNow DFW - RentNowDFW, Liars and Rip off/ Scam -- Stay Away

Posted on Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 at 5:46pm CST by April L.

Product: Rental Locator

Company: RentNow DFW

Location: 1033 S. Bowen Road
ARLINGTON, TX, 76013, US

URL: www.rentnowdfw.com

Category: Real Estate

This company stated to me that they help clients find rental homes by entering ALL of their needs into a database such as: price range, neighborhood or town, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, washer dryer connections, garden tub, fireplace, ect. They claim that they enter this info into a data base of more than 300,00 rentals and then you are givien a list of properties that match your criteria. I signed up, paid the fee and was given a member log in to their website. Nothing that they told me was true. When I log in, I am only able to see this random list of two and three bedrooms that does not meet any criterias that I listed. I called to have it fixed thinking there was a problem at the initial set up and was told that there is no way to sort the properties, nor am I able to see pictures of the properties. I am completely confused as to how I am supposed to find a place to live if I can not for one see it or narrow down my search. You can do more on FREE sites such as Trulia.com or Rent.com.

I was told that I needed to check in everyday for new rentals and would have to wait 31 days for my money back. After doing some research via google, it has been made clear to me that I have been scammed and that this company has no plans on returning any funds to me or most importantly helping me to find a place to live.

Business Reply  Rent N., 2013-02-13, 10:32AM CST

Thank you for bringing this complaint to our attention. Rent Now takes all customer feedback very seriously and we strive to ensure that all of our customers are happy with our service.

Rent Now is the Metroplex?s only full service rental company. We help people find homes for rent. We currently have over 2,100 places currently for rent available in our database. When people are looking for a home they tell us their desired criteria, including rent amount, area, number of bedrooms, and type of dwelling. We put all of their information into our state-of-the-art rental matching system and the system comes back with only the homes that fit the renter?s criteria based on those terms. At the time of registration those are the criteria that we go over with each and every customer, just as we did with J. Caldwell, who is the account holder in this instance. J. Caldwell's signature on our service agreement indicates that they read and understood our Service Agreement and Customer Commitment, which states:

I hereby agree to make a continuing bona-fide effort; (1) to make daily contact with units. (2) to conscientiously attempt to make contact with ALL prospective landlords whose phone numbers I may receive and (3) to use the service diligently for no less than the first (31) days before requesting a 100% refund of fees paid for services, and to make my request for a refund in writing directed to the general manager.

The account holder in this instance has not contacted Rent Now in order to resolve any account issues, and has not even logged in to their online account in order to check for new homes each day, as they agreed to do.

We stand behind our service and strive to help those who are genuinely searching for a home for rent and actively checking with us in order to do so with as little stress and worry as possible.

Dallas N., 2013-07-27, 03:45PM CDT

This business has numerous ads on Craigslist. The business is obviously bogus - no one ever answers the phone, no one ever returns your call. If you do get unlucky enough to get thru, what they try to sell you is some a lie - they will 'help' waste your money. Period. SCAM. Scam alert for 1033 S. Bowen, Arlington, TX 76013; phone number 817-460-8810