Ashley Furniture - Bad Customer Service from Ashley Furniture

Posted on Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 at 9:11am CST by Joseph C.

Company: Ashley Furniture

Location: 2201 Us 70 Se Hickory, NC 28602
HICKORY, NC, 28601, US

URL: http://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com

Category: Furniture

I recently purchased a sectional sofa from Ashley furniture in Hickory, NC, and it was delivered on 12/27/2012. The sofa was scratched and the dust cover on the bottom of the couch had a hole ripped into it. I contacted Ashley's and they made arrangements to have the furniture repaired. Instead I went back to Ashley furniture and exchanged the sectional for a more duriable one. They delivered the second sectional on 12/31/2012. Initally the new furniture did not fit my living room but I was going to try and make it work, as we still had our Christmas tree up; we thought when we moved it out of the way we could move our new couch over to our window and it would fit our space better. In our purchace agreement it states that the buyer only has three days to return the item but given the time of year, we had not yet taken down our holiday decorations. We contacted Ashley Furniture on 01/07/2013 letting them know we could not make the sectional work and wanted to trade it for a normal set. We went in person and picked out a new three piece living room set that would fit our living room. It was more expensive, but we were ok with paying extra to make our house a more comfortable home, and also were ok with paying the 10% restocking fee. We contacted customer care and they istructed us to contact the local store manager to address the issue. We contacted Vickie Winkler at the Hickory, NC store, and she stated she would not allow us to exchange the furniture because of there three day rule. I am a understanding person but giving the fact that we had just spent almost $2,000 dollars at their store on a second set of furniture, as the first was ruined by their own fault, I was hoping they would allow us to exchange the item and take care of a new customer. They did not and refused to work with us on the matter, which now has made our living space difficult, crowded, and of course we are still forced to pay the $2000 for an item we do not want in our home because they refuse to allow us to echange it for a more suitable sofa and if we do not pay it, it will ruin our credit! This doesn't seem fair that they'd take advantage of new customers and be able to get away with something like this over a technicality. We did not make them wait a month or even two weeks before we notified them about the furniture. It was the day after we put up our Christmas tree...