Wayfair at Walmart - Bait and Switch, Unfullfilled Order

Posted on Monday, May 7th, 2012 at 5:16pm CDT by e5e0c45e

Product: Red Bluff Reclining Sofa

Company: Wayfair at Walmart

URL: http://www.wayfair.com/

BUYERS BEWARE- WE ARE PURSUING WITH AN ATTORNEY IF THEY DO NOT HONOR THE SALE. I purchased a sofa from Wayfair through Walmart.com and paid with my credit card ($163.00) I received an order conformation and instructions about delivery truck unloading. The next day I got an email stating the order was cancelled due to a pricing error. When I called Wayfair, they told me it was an error and I could purchase the sofa for a higher discounted price ($819.00). I told them I wanted what I purchased for the price I purchased it at- This is a illegal tactic to get people to purchase and then ask for more money. When I purchased it, I thought it was just a d/c model or something that was marked down, because it was offered for the same price on Buy.com (which I have that webpage saved and printed as well.) In fact my husband went back and bought a second one (which of course they are "cancelling" and offering a higher price.) When I told them what they were doing was not fair and illegal, they shrugged it off. I would like to pursue this. We had a contract- they offered an item at a price which I accepted and paid for. They are now backing out of the deal. I have all the emails and paperwork printed.