Dish Network - Ripoff by Dish Network

Posted on Friday, May 25th, 2012 at 12:29pm CDT by 2b4833fa

Company: Dish Network

Location: Littleton, Co, 80120, US

URL: http://mydish.com/

Dish Network ripped me off royally. When I initially called to ask about the service, I was asked for a credit card number. When I protested, I was told that it was to do a credit check on me. Later, I discovered that a charge was placed on my card. When the service was installed, the technician handed me a hand-held tiny computer, telling me to sign here and inital there. He led me to believe that it was in regard to the equipment, and insisted that I had to hurry, because he had another job he had to get to. Much to my surprise, I discovered later that I had signed a contract, basically indenturing me to Dish for life. During my first three weeks with the company, I had no service at all. After that, it interfered with my local channels. I received no account statements for the first two months, and when I finally did receive a statement, there were an infinte number of charges that I had never been informed of, e.g., a charge for DVR service when I had refused a DVR; a "protection plan" (if they send out a technician for any service, the customer is responsible for paying for it!). Whenever I've called about problems with the service or about my bills, I've been put on hold for 30 minutes, and then disconnected. Like a fool, I keep doing this! I've filed complaints with the Attorney General's Office and with the Better Business Bureau against this business. But I want everyone in the country to know what a thief this company is!

2104b0e0, 2012-05-30, 04:21PM CDT

It is unfortunate that you have had problems with the DISH service as this is not usually the case upon installation. If you need assistance I will be happy to look into what has occurred and see how I may help. Please email with your information and DISH account number.

Mark Haakenson