Collectorz.com - Collectorz.com invalidated my license

Company: Collectorz.com

Location: W.G. Plein 384
1054 SG Amsterdam, Ne, 88312, NL

URL: http://www.collectorz.com/

I purchased Music Collector software from Collectorz.com on December 29, 2011. After using the software for only 4 months they released a paid update. I emailed them saying I'd only had the software for a few months and felt I should get the new release for free. They replied that their grace period for free upgrades was only 3 months I replied that I felt it should be at least 6 months or even a year and that they should post on their check out page that a new release is coming up soon. In retribution for my complaint they invalidated the license that I'd paid for rendering my software useless which made a music database I'd spent 4 months working on worthless.

ab01fdee, 2012-05-28, 06:14AM CDT

We have informed our customers about the upcoming version 10 release in our monthly newsletters, blog, on Facebook, Twitter and via a personal email to all Music Collector users way in advance of the new release. This customer received all emails since he is subscribed to our monthly newsletters and product updates.

An upgrade is NOT mandatory, it is by choice if you want to upgrade to a new major version or not. If you don't want to upgrade, don't and continue using your version of the software.

Our grace period is 3-months. That means that recent customers receive a free key to the newest version if their purchase was within 90 days of the new release.

It is our company policy to refund a purchase immediately if a customer is in any way unhappy with our product, service, support or license system. That is what happened in this case.

The customer was very unhappy with our product and support, and expressed in his emails that he wanted to move to a different product. That is why his initial purchase was refunded in full. That also disabled the license.

To accomodate exporting his current database to a different product, he was set up with a temporary Pro key to the newest version so he could export his collection to use in a different cataloging tool. He did not waste his time or money creating his CD database, he can now easily move to a different product.

Sytske Hermans

Collectorz.com

Collectorz.com is selling cataloging tools since 1996.