TIME WARNER CABLE - TIME WARNER Shady billing practices

Posted on Thursday, May 17th, 2012 at 9:21pm CDT by e293d784

Company: TIME WARNER CABLE

Location: COLUMBUS, OH, US

URL: http://www.timewarnercable.com/

My contract expired 2/2012. I called this week to upgrade my internet service and downgrade my television services. I was informed by their customer service representative that my contract had AUTOMATICALLY been renewed for 5 years and I was locked in to my current plan for $214 a month. I never authorized an automatic renewal. I was also informed to upgrade my service would increase the monthly bill to $248. I was told to just keep the services I have now, which is slow internet, too many premium channels and no DVR. A new customer can get these services with faster internet for a little over $100. I spoke to four customer service reps, was put on hold 7 times and hung up on three times. My manners are impeccable and they were hanging up on me because they knew they could not rationally answer my questions. Needless to say I cancelled my service. I have been assured I will not be charged a cancellation fee. We shall see. If I do receive a fee, to the Attorney General of the State of Ohio I will go.

8451407b, 2012-09-11, 08:30AM CDT

Time Warner Cable is the most incompetent company on the face of the planet. How in the hell do they even continue to exist? They wouldn't without a quasi-monopoly. I can't even begin to describe the billing BS I have been through this year. I dropped them like a bad habit for my TV and will immediately do so for internet and phone after the continued stupidity. DO NOT BECOME A CUSTOMER IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE! You will regret it.

9d6de948, 2012-09-18, 03:24PM CDT

They just got me with their shady billing, I signed up for a package thats supposed to be 79.99. So the bill shows 109.99 for the Double Pack select, includes Digital cable, Variety channels, HD Receiver, and Internet. There is a 20.00 credit for this package shown on the bill, now im no mathematician but 109.99-20= 89.99 and not 79.99 so what is their excuse for this? Oh its actually 89.99 we are charging 10 for the box, i said how can you charge for the box when it says it comes with the package, plus nowhere on the bill does it say i am being charged $10 for the box, this was done on 2 bills and they will not credit me. My apartment building is brand new and TW is the only company in the area besides satellite which we cannot put dishes on the building. They keep saying they are working on a satellite contract but 3 months in and still nothing.