Apple Appliance Service - Appliance Repair with Hidden Fees

Product: Whirlpool Washer Repair

Company: Apple Appliance Service

Location: 9323 Washington Blvd
Lanham, MD, 20706, US

I called Apple Appliance and spoke to Neil on Friday, March 2nd. When we spoke on the phone on Friday, he indicated that someone could come the following day to fix my washing machine, which was very helpful. He further indicated that the cost for a repairman from Apple Appliance to come to my home to fix my washing machine would be $60. He then indicated that that amount would apply toward the full cost of the visit. When I had tried to ask for further information about additional costs for the repair on the phone, he had indicated that I would need to pay for parts. He did NOT indicate that I would also be charged $120 for labor for a job that took approximately 35 minutes to complete.

Nasir, the technician who came and did a good job and was kind to explain what was wrong with our machine, indicated that he needed to replace the lid switch on the washing machine so that it would no longer have difficulty starting the spin cycle. At the end of the visit, he told us the charge was $180. This amount was much more than I had expected, as Neil had led me to believe I would be paying $60 for the visit and some additional money for parts. Nasir said $120 of the $180 total was for labor, and $60 was for the part - the lid switch. When I search online, it is apparent that a lid switch costs no more than $35. Why were we charged $60 for the same part? I am also startled that the cost of labor was $120 for little over half an hour of work. I have paid multiple contractors to do work on my home over the last year, and not one person has charged more than $100 in TOTAL (including parts and labor), whether for heating and air conditioning or electrical work, to complete a job that takes approximately half an hour.

I am very displeased by the lack of transparency about the full cost for this visit that I was offered on the phone on Friday. Considering that I was told that the visit would cost $60 and that the part costs $35, I requested a partial refund for parts and service. Neil responded to my email but never called me to resolve the issue. I was very dissatisfied by this company, particularly Neil, misleading me about the cost of this service and then not responding to my complaints by offering a refund.

9f3864e2, 2012-03-08, 06:45AM CST

we informed customer 60.00 for the service call which goes towards repair she is under the impression 60.00 for the labor plus parts and she should pay $ 85.00.we informed customer about labor and part charge before doing the repair so there is no question of any hidden charge.

once the repair was completed customer send emails after 48 hrs on a sunday evening threatening us or Blackmailing us saying if we did not refund she will not negative advertisement by writing complaints like the one on this website.

I offered her a coupon & 30 off which she is still not aware and her card is charged for 150.00 on Monday morning.

Now is a negative review

9f3864e2, 2012-03-08, 06:49AM CST