Direct TV - HORRIBLE Customer service

Company: Direct TV

Location: PO Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO, 80155-6550, US

URL: http://www.directtv.com

Direct tv is the biggest scam out there. They get you signed up for a cheap price thru some second hand group, you give them your credit card to make billing easy and they totally rob you! i signed up for $45 a month service in Aug 2011. They installed the next day (put holes thru the roof!) but I never received a rebate because the "dude" who I spoke to had the wrong email address. I was starting a new job, have 5 young kids and just really crazy busy! Because it was on an auto pay I didn't look at my bill for a few months when I did!!!! I found out they charged me over $150 each month. They said I was supposed to send in a "rebate" to get the agreed upon price but now it was too late(by 7 days!)! Oh and by the way if I want to cancel then they will charge my credit card on file $340 for an early term fee. I talked to some jerk who said... " I have kids at home, I work and I still manage to look at my bills" . Unbelievably horrible service! I did finally work it out that time through the termination dept who "escalated" my acct and refunded my fees. I walked away feeling a bit better but each month they add the fees back in and I end up having to call back over and over again. Each time I spend, no joke, at least an hour trying to work it out. Today they finally said I was simply out of luck and they were not going to refund my money. But hey they would "welcome me back at any time"! I should owe only $51 but they want me to pay $24 plus the $150 each month. I said forget it! DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT!! Time warner looks awesome (and cheap) compared to Direct TV. A horrible business!!