pearle vision - Pearle Vision's friendly appointment strong arm!

Posted on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 3:07pm CDT by bc487cfa

Product: optometry

Company: pearle vision

Location: 23000 Eureka Rd
Taylor, Mi, 48180, US

URL: http://pearlevision.com/

Late last week I got a reminder card from Pearle vision for an eye appointment that I did not make. The store set up a Tenative appointment with a specific date and specific time for me to come in without my knowledge or concent. I find this practice highly unethical.... this is not just a reminder card that its time for your yearly exam.... but they have taken it upon themselves to pick a time and date for me to come in at THEIR convience and I have the option of confirming or rescheduling.... I'm not sure who they think they are! I can't be the only one that is pissed off at the assumtion that it is ok for them to make an appointment for me tentative or not. This location was bought out a few years ago by Pearle, and is a former DOC location, I've always been happy with the Dr there, I have been seeing her for close to 15 years.... but there is no way I will give them another dime of my business or refer a single additional patient with these questionable business practices. The arrogance that they show at taking it upon themselves to schedule an appointment for me, without me requesting to do so...whats next, you going to charge my insurance carrier when I don't show up or cancel this appointment. I can't believe the brazen nature of these companys.... how many folks just show up because they have strong armed them into an appointment. How much money is this company making off of passive people that will not question this practice.

We are like sheep being led to slaughter everytime we allow these big unethical companies to practice business this way... without concequences!

adcc2991, 2012-04-02, 08:33AM CDT

Hello,

I'm Theo with Pearle Vision. I'm sorry to hear we've disappointed you.

Please know your feedback is taken seriously and we will look into this.

Theo