Home Depot - Home Depot - East Hanover, NJ Hiring Process is a joke!

Posted on Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 at 1:04pm CDT by 952cf1af

Product: East Hanover, NJ location

Company: Home Depot

Location: East Hanover, NJ, 07936, US

URL: http://www.homedepot.com/

One would have thought that in this economy, getting a call from Home Depot to be hired as a seasonal worker is a blessing. I'm not sure if other store locations have the same onboarding process, but in East Hanover, NJ's store, it was a nightmare. The coordinator Susan does not know what she is doing. There is no communication or follow-up to let people know what is the next steps or schedule. I leave her several email and voicemail and she doesn't even bother to get back to me after the web-training. I am not sure when I will be starting or what schedule I will be on or if there is more training. Meanwhile, I have to leave my other part-time job to be left hanging. If you are considering to work for Home Depot, make sure you find out ALL the details before you start, and also what is the expectation (most likely you are required to work weekends but while on training, don't give up a weekend job if you have one). Otherwise, you will be left frustrated and losing income while there is no promise of a future with them. Shame on Home Depot to be of such a big corporation while the onboarding process sucks to the n-th degree!!