Vocus, Inc. - Vocus, Inc. does NOT honor 3-day rule

Company: Vocus, Inc.

Location: 12051 Indian Creek Court
Beltsville, MD, 20706, US

URL: http://www.vocus.com

After business hours on May 31, 2012, we faxed our copy of a contract, along with credit card information, to Vocus. Fax No. 301-459-2827. This was for their "Vocus Marketing Suite - Bronze - Advanced Releases w/ 2 per month (Limit 1 Domain)" in the amount of $2,400.00, to be charged to our credit card over 3 months @ $800.00 per month. (They added $66.00 tax to the first invoice #74839, Sales Order #66304.)

They also sent us an invoice #74840 for July's payment in the same amount, $866.00.

They ALSO sent us a copy, dated Friday, June 1, 2012, of PayPal's "Perform Transaction - Result" showing "Transaction ID VXHA9B836E75, Authorization Code 00492G" in the amount of $866. This was--sup- posedly--done on their PayPal account (number not shown on receipt). Status was "Approved".

The next day, I received a call from one of Vocus' competitors who warned me that Vocus would do nothing for us, promotion-wise, and he urged me to exercise my "3-day right-to-rescind" the contract.

I did a number of internet searches and did find others for whom Vocus had "done nothing" and one very disturbing legal issue regarding children about their sales director.

At 1:39am on June 3rd I sent Vocus a letter exercising my "3-day right-to-rescind", demanding a refund of

any monies charged and rescinding my approval of further charges. I also called PayPal this morning, June 4th, regarding "Transaction ID VXHA9B836E75" (I had to speak to a live person to get the issue understood.)

The PayPal agent told me that "Trans-action ID VXHA9B836E75" was NOT a valid Transaction ID Number. So, that

"receipt" sent to us from Vocus was a FRAUDULENT DOCUMENT, probably sent to us so we'd feel comfortable with our dealings with Vocus.

I demanded our money back and that no further charges be made to our card. I got an email from the salesman saying that they didn't give refunds ... so we are proceeding with our credit card company to do a chargeback.

If anyone would like, I will email you a copy of Vocus' fraudulent PayPal receipt. foodstr22(at)spamcop.net

(remove the brackets and use the real @ symbol)

Bruce Hopkins