Allianz - travel insurance

Posted on Wednesday, June 20th, 2012 at 8:27am CDT by 5b19b291

Product: travel insurance

Company: Allianz

Location: 2805 N. Parham Rd.
Richmond, VA, 23294, US

URL: http://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/

My mother had been in Hospice for a year. I visited her a number of times.

This particular visit when I purchased the return flight on Feb. 13, 2012 I also purchased travel insurance from Allianz. the nurse told me the next day

my mother was now "transitioning", meaning her passing was imminent. I cancelled my trip. Allianze twice refused to honor the claim - even after the head of Hospice By The Sea wrote a letter confirming what I just said. Allianz said her death was not an "unforseen event" when I purchased the insurance. Therefore they could not honor the claim. It taught me travel insurance is a waste of your money in most cases.

01cb9b07, 2012-06-22, 01:02PM CDT

Hello,

Jackie from the Help Team here. We are sorry to hear about your mother's illness. Further, we apologize that we were unable to provide you with coverage in your situation. Should you wish to further discuss the policy you purchased or the outcome of your claim, please call our customer service line at 1-800-419-8016.

Regards,

Jackie, Help Team

3fbeea51, 2013-04-11, 09:31PM CDT

I purchased Allianz travel insurance because my husband was planning to drive a UHAUL to

Oklahoma to move our son there for a job and then fly home alone. Unfortunately, the job fell through. When I tried to file a claim, I was told that a job loss did not qualify.

I realized that there is really no reason that qualifies and that the insurance is a complete hoax. When I asked to cancel the insurance to cut my losses, they would not let me cancel, even though it was prior to when my husband was supposed to use the ticket to fly home. They said that since I had submitted a claim, I could not cancel. They may as well rob you on the street. I see no difference in taking someone's money and promising a service that you have no intention of supplying.