Smithville Lake Self Storage - unfair business practices at Smithville Lake Self Storage

Posted on Monday, July 30th, 2012 at 10:49am CDT by baeecb5c

Product: boats, campers and personal storage

Company: Smithville Lake Self Storage

Location: 6800 S.W. 169 Hwy Trimble, MO 64492
Trimble, Mi, 64492, US

URL: http://smithvillelakeselfstorage.com/

The following is a consumer complaint against Smithville Lake Self Storage, operated by C.D. "Doug" Lowe (President of Timber and Treats, Inc.)

6800 S.W. 169 Hwy

Trimble, MO 64492

phone: 816-370-2468, 816-305-2468

After accepting our rent payment plus deposit, he provided us with a storage space which was too small to adequately accomodate the boat we wished to store. Less than 48 hours later, we requested that he provide us with another of his many empty storage spaces, which were of the correct size for the boat and same price. Spitefully, he assigned us another space between two large trailers which was also impossible to properly use to store our boat. When requesting a full refund for the month of August on July 29th, I was refused any kind of refund and C.D. "Doug" Lowe told me to take it up with small claims court, refusing a refund even though he never provided what we paid for, then told us to leave the storage facility while he kept all my money and the key which I had returned to him. He was extremely rude and disrespectful during the entire encounter, succumbed to using unfair business practices and has proved to be a fraudulent, immoral business man.