Dan Ryan Homes Ridgepoint - Will not uphold warranty

Posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 5:51pm CDT by 9aa5bef4

Company: Dan Ryan Homes Ridgepoint

Location: Morgantown, WV, 26501, US

Do not buy a Dan Ryan home at Ridgepoint in Morgantown, WV. Since buying my home last February I have been met with nothing but problems from the yard to the appliances. My latest issue, and the one that has finished me off, has taken the form of a 6ft piece of the 'ridge vent' being ripped off. Having owned the home for less than 2 years still fall under the limited warranty. However, without even inspecting it properly the warranty manager chalked it up to an 'act of god'. When one owns a home for such a short period and already the roof needs replacing one would hope the company, Dan Ryan, would admittedly fix the problem. The limited warranty states coverage of structural defects etc.. Given that I have been away the last three months and for the next 2 weeks I cannot do anything about it until I return, with all that water coming in through the 6ft by 3-4inch gap. There has been no support over the matter. As such I can only warn other home buyers of the lack of personal concern and honor Dan Ryan employs when dealing with its customers. Unfortunately the best advice is to look for another home brand that may under my interpretation of the warranty, take the honorable path.