USAA - USAA not accepting responsibility for consequences of their errors

Posted on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 4:55pm CDT by 7f36b234

Company: USAA

Location: 9800 Fredericksburg Road
SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78288, US

URL: http://www.usaa.com/

Category: Business, Finances

I have been a member of USAA's wealth management group for several years and have homeowners and auto insurance in addition to investment, credit card and bank accounts. Recently I had a problem with a credit card which was compromised. I was in Israel but was able to call USAA to cancel the card. The entire episode of cancelling the card took several hours and the replacement card was worthless and came 4 days later. I have taken my horrific experience all the way up the management ladder and was finally told that although USAA was responsible for all the problems encountered, they are not willing to pay for the consequences I suffered. They called my experience an inconvenience. I find the lack of acceptance of responsibility unacceptable. Common sense has not been a part of the conversations I have had with their Assistant VP, Mr. Garcia. I made it very clear that if they did not treat me like they would expect to be treated if this happened to them, then I would take my business elsewhere. That is exactly what I am doing and recommend that you do the same if you are doing business with USAA.