Access Travel Network - Timeshare rental scam

Company: Access Travel Network

Location: 672 N. Semoran Blvd. Suite #301 Orlando, FL. 32807
Orlando, Fl, 32807, US

URL: http://www.accesstravelnet.com/company.php

Received a phone call from ACCESS TRAVEL NETWORK and he offered to sell my "free weeks" (due, according to them, to expire in August 2012) of my timeshare. He said they "required" me to pay upfront for the booking fee of $149 per week for 10 weeks. Said they would send me a contract to consider and sign and return via fax. When I got the electronic version of the contract (11 July), that clearly stated "7 day cancellation policy" on the form, I reviewed the document and saw no protection for me after the initial period so I wrote CANCEL in large letters and faxed it back to them with a request for "immediate refund" of the charge against my card. Then I received another call from a different person offering to cut the charge in half and to issue a credit for that amount and then to call back on 12 July to ??review and finalize?? all the details. He left a message later that day with a "tracking number" for the credit that was going back to my credit card. Same guy called back in the afternoon of 12 July (three hours later than he told me he would call) just as I was sending another fax demanding a refund for ALL charges because my credit card had no record of that tracking number or a credit pending. When I told him I was cancelling the whole thing without ever signing the contract and that I was within my seven day window to cancel, he hung up on me. I then filed a dispute complaint with my credit card and filed an online complaint with the Florida consumers' department. My credit card company has informed me that I have no obligation to pay until the complaint is resolved by them and the merchant. THIS IS CLEARLY A SCAM.

Eva C., 2013-01-07, 01:53PM CST

That is definitely a scam, any company that asks for large upfront fees to sell or rent your timeshare is a pure scam. It doesn?t surprise me to read these types of comments, these developments always operate in unethical ways. Here you will find some articles with good advices on what you should do now: