American Furniture Warehouse - Store won't address a serious fall my mother had in their store

Posted on Thursday, January 5th, 2012 at 11:54am CST by Tory F.

Product: n/a

Company: American Furniture Warehouse

Location: 9410 Wadsworth Parkway
Westminster, CO, 80021, US

URL: http://www.afwonline.com/home.asp

While shopping in American Furniture, my disable mother sat in a hammock chair. The chair consists of a tall metal bar that has a hook for a moon shaped chair to hang from. As soon as my other sat in the chair the hook came loose. The chair fell to the ground and the metal pole fell on my mother's head. The on duty manager and several other customers came to help my mother. Immediately you could tell the manager was on guard and more concerned about protecting the company than my mother's well being. Long story short, she refused to be taken by ambulance to the hospital as she has no insurance and was afraid AFW wouldn't help. The paramedics insisted that my mother go and said AFW should absolutely have to pay for the charges. She still refused and I drove her. At this point the store has ignored our calls. She has received the medical bills and can't afford to pay them. They are now headed to a collection agency. I'm deeply dissapointed in the way AFW has handled the accident that was so clearly their fault. While we are no where close to giving up on this I plan on posting this information everywhere I can in hopes that AFW will do the right thing.

Tory F., 2012-01-13, 09:04PM CST

Thank you Jake and American Furniture Warehouse for responding. I'd like to remove my complaints.