Lowe's Service Advantage - Lowe's Extended Warranty

Posted on Friday, January 20th, 2012 at 2:00pm CST by 52a8136c

Product: Appliance Extended Warranty

Company: Lowe's Service Advantage

Called Lowe's Service Advantage (LSA) on Tuesday 1/17/2012 to report an issue with my dryer. They happily scheduled my repair with a company called SW TX Appliance for today 1/20/2012 with an 8-12 arrival window.

Around 10:30 my wife decided to call them and see how the time was looking. She was told he's in the neighborhood.

45 minutes later he called but wife was vacumming. He left a message stating that because she didn't answer her phone he was moving on and would not come. After 30 minutes had gone by she called SW TX Appliance and they told her they couldn't send him back out until Monday. Never before have I heard of a call-ahead being anything other than a consumer convenience to know when they were on the way -- nor were we told answer your phone or else.

I called LSA and they said there was nothing they could do regarding their vendor's behavior and when they called SW TX Applicance again, they were told Tuesday.

After all this, when I asked them to reimburse us for the additional cost to launder our stuff until Tuesday, we were told no.

This is the type of absolute ludicrous service you get when you buy any type of service contract -- nothing but rin-around. Lowe's should be ashamed for even selling this crap.