Target Corporation - Piss-poor and Unprofessional Customer Service

Company: Target Corporation

Location: Target Corporate Office Headquarters 1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN, 55403, US

URL: http://Target.com/

Last year I registered for my wedding with Target because I have always been happy with the service and products. Until now. In July my uncle sent my wedding gifts via mail as he lives out of state. However, I was unaware that these gifts were delivered because I never got them. We only became aware of their existence when my uncle called to see if we liked them. They were stolen from my front door. The reason my husband and I know that these gifts were stolen is because upon calling Target customer service we were informed that one of the gifts had actually been returned to the store for store credit. Obviously, we were not the ones who returned the gift. WE have been given the run around and passed off to every department. Target must think that we are trying to pull a fast one on them when the truth is that we no longer want the camera or even store credit. Just the money refunded to my uncle for Target's lack of security when it comes to returns. The package included the gift registry which would make it easy to claim the gift was the thief's with no request for ID. My husband and I are feel that this has been the worst case of customer service and plan on making this known via whatever media possible. Also, we are consulting the EEOC in regards to our treatment. Perhaps if my Uncle's last name was not of Hispanic origin he would have been taken more seriously. Neither myself nor my family will be shopping with Target. Once my automatic prescription refill has lapsed I will be taking my business elsewhere. What is more, the 8 people (family and friends) that my husband and I know that are getting married within the next year will not be registering with Target.