DirecTV - DirecTV - False Advertising, Bait & Switch

Company: DirecTV

Location: 2230 E Imperial Hwy, El Segundo, CA 90245
El Segundo, Ca, 90245, US

URL: http://www.directv.com/

My family and I recently moved to Washington State from KC. We didn't know what service providers were available so we called DirecTV for info. Over the phone they offered voice (telephone), satellite television (210ch w/movie downloading), & internet services (10mbps down/4mbps up), all for $104/mo. This sounded great as we needed all 3. Being a Network Engineer for a respected university I have numerous technological related questions which they answered and assured me the above services would be delivered. They scheduled the installation and apparently bundled me with a service provider named Frontier Comm. which I had never heard of. Direct TV came out and installed the services, then Frontier. Frontier then informed me I am only capable of receiving dial up internet service of 56K (1/20th) of what the originally stated. Also because there is no high speed, the movie downloading feature also would not work. When I called back today 01/10/2012. They indicated that they would not release me from my contact of 2years to cancel, they would not deliver said services, and my ongoing bill will be 65% +/- of the original stated services price. I never agreed to a 2yr contract, and was never given any disclosure that the said services would be delivered. Now I have no choice but to find another provider and pay far more than my families budget allowed. Direct TV now wants to charge me $20/mo cancellation x 24 months = $480. I never agreed to any of this, nor did I ever receive any disclosure of varying prices/services. Now, I'm stuck with services I didn't order, at prices I didn't agree to. This is unethical, false advertising, bait & switch, sales.

24f63ad8, 2013-10-30, 04:49PM CDT

DIRECT TV SUCKS. IT RELIES ON FALSE ADVERTISING, BAIT-N-SWITCH, THEY WILL NOT P RODUCE A SINGLE BILL EXPLAINING THE 150% INCREASE FROM THE RATE I SIGNED UP. NO PERSON KNOWS HOW TO GET A COPY OF THESE BILLS. AND THEY WILL NOT LET ME CANCEL. THREE PEOPLE ve hung up on after I insisted on cANCELLATION. I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO Cancel help!! does anyone want to join in a clASS ACTION TO RECOUP HAT THAT COMPANY STOLE FROM US?