Verizon Wireless - Charged for Verizon Wireless mistake

Company: Verizon Wireless

Location: 7000 Central Ave SW
Albuquerque, NM, 87121, US

URL: http://www.verizonwireless.com/

My phone had a reception problem and I was getting frequent drop calls in my house ever since I got my old phone. Verizon Wireless sent me replacement phone and that fixed the issue. That was Nov. 2011. However, a bigger problem arose with the return process of my old phone. The box Verizon sent me had two exact same plastic bags for return envelope. Please check the image for detail (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2638514/Verizon45.jpg). It says "Merchandise Return Label"(address in Fort Worth, TX), Return instruction 1, 2, 3, and No postage necessary... , with logo of "HopeLine from Verizon".

I put the phone in one of bag and returned it in a few days later. Then about a month later I found out that I got charged because I did not return the old phone. The representative said that I was not supposed to send with that HopeLine envelop, which was for recycling center. She is saying that it is my fault for not sending to the right address. How could it be my fault that there was no other instruction than those two HopeLine envelops. In addition, it clearly says "Merchandise Return Lable", with Verizon logo on it. This is clearly not my fault, but the Verizon's for sending wrong instruction with wrong return envelope.

Verizon had been excellent to our need and taken care of all the problems we had previously. However, this is clearly their mistake and I should not be responsible for. I have called customer service and manager several times to resolve this issue, but they all said that there is nothing they can do. Hopefully posting here would help resolving the issue. If they don't take off this charge right away, I will fight at all cost and I am willing to take this matter to the court. I hope Verizon Wireless would listen and admit that they also make a mistake and customers are not responsible for theirs.

7c3de25c, 2012-05-17, 12:16PM CDT

They did this to me as well, only with a brand new unit. They sold me a faulty unit and told me I had to take it back to the store. Two hours later they agreed to mail me a return label, rather than driving 45 miles to the store. I get the label and it is clearly this same plastic bag you had. No other labels included. I realized this (THANKFULLY!) and took the unit back to the store. They refused to take it back there and insisted I mail it. Unreal, Verizon....it's obviously a scam.

7c3de25c, 2012-05-17, 01:53PM CDT

Soooooo....I just had another issue. I'm the same poster as the last. Verizon tried to text me a temporary password for online access to my home phone, which obviously didnt work. I was told I could be mailed one, then promised one over the phone if I would provide my ssn. I then was told (by Verizon) that was a scam and later again that it wasn't, she was just mistaken. So I got my mailed password and actually received two of them. Neither works. The online rep then wasted 20 mins trying to walk me through it with the same result and then accused me of incorrectly copying the numbers. I am now waiting on another password to be mailed in order to even pay my bill. Sad.