Turbo Tax - Intuit - Turbo Tax Visa Card Scam

Posted on Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 at 8:25pm CST by ef2e694e

Company: Turbo Tax - Intuit

URL: http://www.turbotaxcard.com/

On 1/20/12 - I requested a Turbo Tax Visa prepaid card for my federal income tax return to be deposited. Turbo Tax agreement and advertisment stated the Visa card to arrive in 7 to 10 days. My refund was issued 2/1/12 but I have not received my Turbo Tsx refund card to access my refund monies. No customer support. Phone wait more than 30 minutes and calls are disconnected. No website support when you do not receive your card. Only lie after lie if you are even able to reach a rep to inquire where is my card. Now I am being charge a fee for a replacement card, which was to be expressed mailed and delivered today. No such luck. No card and no where to get assistance in getting my refund money that has been in Turbo Tax possession since 2/1/12.

8934480a, 2012-02-11, 11:06AM CST

Same thing happened to me. They think because they dont provide a tracking # for the express that they are being slick. It should be arriving from Fedex. Call Fedex, explain they refused to give you a tracking # and request they search by your address. They are going to hold mine at their local annex because I will be at work on the day of delivery. Only problem, after reading the other TT horror stories I fear my card will be security locked like so many others. I will never use TT again!

dbb3268a, 2012-02-24, 03:17PM CST

I am having the EXACT same problem. Filed on February 2, my return was accepted the following day... having the absolute same issue. Was told by the IRS that I should receive my refund on March 6, however, since Turbo Tax won't remove the hold on my card that they have never even mailed out - even after I sent them the required information - which they then claim 7 days later they never received, even though I have a fax confirmation as well as verified the fax number with them - was told to fax it again - then read that they are not going to release the hold on any cards with a zero balance (which would be mine at this time) so the IRS will attempt to deposit my refund, but it will get rejected (hopefully) and then I will have to wait another 4-8 weeks on a paper check (that is when the rejection gets back to the IRS). All I am told is I'm sorry, I know you are frustrated, then get hung up on, after spending hours on hold with these people. I will never ever ever use Turbo Tax again and I had used it for years.

725319b8, 2012-02-28, 01:23PM CST

There is a website trying to get enough people to join in a class action lawsuit against tt and their card. Check it out.