Filesonic.com - Filesonic.com Ripoff

Product: Filesonic.com fileserver

Company: Filesonic.com

Location: GB

URL: http://Filesonic.com/

On 9/1/11 I signed up with filesonic.com through Paypal for filesharing services. I paid $149 for a lifetime membership. Suddenly and without warning filesonic.com has stopped providing filesharing services and turned to a file storage service. The only files that can be downloaded now are the files that you have uploaded yourself. The site is useless to me if it is no longer used for file sharing so I requested a partial refund of $114, based on the fact that a six month subscription cost $35. After sending a number of e-mails to filesonic.com help desk requesting a refund I contacted the resolution center of Paypal because I kept receiving the same answer "Your request (#261821) has been resolved. To review the request, follow the link below:

http://helpdesk.filesonic.com/tickets/261821. This link takes me to the login page of filesonic and provides no resolution. Paypal is just as bad to deal with as filesonic as they say a complaint has to be filed within 45 days of purchase. How can a complaint be filed within 45 days of purchase if there is a one time payment for a lifetime account. Paypal should not allow this type of transaction to occur because anything can happen after 45 days in a lifetime agreement.Both companies are ripping us off in tandum.

4dbdcc6b, 2012-02-16, 01:21PM CST

Same exact thing happened to me. I but a year membership. The file sharing lasted only 5 months!

filesonic is such a ripoff!