Gold's Gym - Gold's Gym questionable billing & contract practices

Product: Gold's Gym

Company: Gold's Gym

Location: 4050 Pennsylvania Ave
Kansas City, MO, 64111, US

Gold's Gym signed me up with what I thought was an incredible offer. In their contract there were a few things that I was worried about. The first being having a credit card on file for "maintenance fees" and the second was when I objected to auto-renewal they told me that I couldn't sign up if I didn't agree to auto renewal.

My credit card was changed due to theft and they tried to bill me for a $25 yearly fee (which I understood) but then billed another $25 when the card was declined without calling. Then as I feared, I didn't cancel and they charged me almost $100 in fees.

I called to try to resolve the credit card issue and they never returned my call. When I called one of the gym's the manager told me flat out that I was lying because there were no notes in my account.

I when to the Westport location where I signed up to try to straighten it out and the manager told me I had to pay the $125 in fees and refused to hear my request and when I asked for a manager or owner he said he wouldn't give it to me and sent me to a generic email address.