Frontier Communications - Bad Refund Policy

Company: Frontier Communications

Location: PO Box 1003, 5th Floor
Everett, WA, 98206, US

Problem:

In January of 2010, we moved residences from Redmond, Washington to Portland, Oregon. Upon reviewing/auditing my finances, I realized that Frontier had been charging us a monthly fee of $54.99 for services NOT received since the move (13 months total). I called in, and ultimately spoke to a supervisor, Ms. Victoria Maxwell in Everett. She requested that I send my lease from Oregon as proof of having moved in Jan., 2010. I supplied this, and she did some more research into the matter, instructing me that as there was no record in the system of us having cancelled service, she couldn't refund more than 5 months of charges. My dissatisfaction in the matter was we were asked to supply proof, at which point (a rather arbitrary) refund of 5 months was given. The lease we sent verified we hadn't been in the residence since Jan. 2010. If we weren't and she agreed to 5 months, why not refund the total balance?? I feel this is an egregious error, and would like to see it rectified fully.

Desired Settlement: Refund

I would like to be reimbursed for the 13 months of $54.99/month billing charges. That's a total of $714.87. The offering of only 5 months isn't acceptable. I let Victoria know that I'd be contacting the BBB with a formal complaint, and will also be posting the same on several customer service/satisfaction sites. Very disappointed.