Garden City Business Solutions - RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Posted on Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 at 11:12am CST by 49cb8b80

Product: INTERNET PRESENCE

Company: Garden City Business Solutions

Location: 800 Columbiana Dr #116a
IRMO, sc, 29063, US

URL: http://www.gardencitybusinesssolutions.com

Garden City Business Solutions was recommended to me from a fellow small business owner. I met with the sales representative who explained that their service was to optimize my existing website to rank higher on the search engines. The initial contract that was proposed was $1000 "design fee" (mind you my site is 100% up and running) and a $600/month charge. We renegotiated the contract to waive the "design fee" (since the work was already done) and they were willing to lower their price to $400/month. When I asked what exactly would be done for $400/month, the sales manager put me on the phone with the programmer. The programmer not only insulted website (feel free to compare www.lakemurraypainandrehab.com vs www.gardencitybusinesssolutions.com and let me know which one looks more professional!) but he was unable to tell me anything more then he would add meta tags to my code. For those who don't know, meta tags are hidden key words that are separated by commas placed on a webpage that search engines use to pull up the correct pages when people search for. This work, once the list is made, is a one time deal of cutting and pasting on 10 different web pages. About 2 hours of work if you are slow. Hardly justification of a $400/month fee. When I expressed concern that meta tags are easily added, and that i would be adding the tags myself I asked him what else justifies the price of his service. He told me that they would provide statistics for me. Sadly, these are the same statistics that the server I use already provides. Also, there are also FREE statistic apps that ANYONE can use. When I explained that I already have the statistics and pressed to ask what changes would be made in the code (besides the meta tags) that would justify the expense, the programmer raised his voice and became belligerent. He told me he would rather complete AGAINST me and "see who's site gets more hits in a year". Pretty interesting strategy for a business that is trying to sell a service to small business owners that they are capable of getting FOR A MUCH LOWER PRICE. I WOULD LOOK VERY VERY CAREFULLY AT WHAT GARDEN CITY IS PROMISING. IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE (CERTAINLY NOT $400/MONTH) TO ADVERTISE DIRECTLY WITH GOOGLE. Shame on the business that is trying to take advantage of small business owners during these tight economic times. Shame they had to be so rude because they really could use a decent web designer. In fact, to "compete against them" I'd be more then happy to set up any website for their customers and 1/2 the price. then they will waive the overprice $1000 "design fee" for you too and you will have a PROFESSIONAL LOOKING SITE.

d24bcff7, 2012-02-14, 05:35PM CST

As CEO of Garden City Business Solutions I stand firm that we will treat all our clients with the utmost respect and work diligently to make sure their marketing effort is a success. On 02/14/2012 I was made aware by one of my sales associates that a potential client had some questions. I phoned Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic located at 510 Columbia Avenue, Chapin, SC 29036 and was placed on hold. I asked how I could help the lady identified as Wendy Reeves of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic in Chapin, SC. I was placed on hold a second time. As I was on hold I took a look at their site and noticed some broken links which I made her aware of. Wendy became angry and began speaking to me with an agitated loud tone. She asked me what our services entailed and as I explained to her we make web sites assets for their owners by search engine optimizing them for what they do or sell she interrupted me explaining she can do that. I explained that we provide data to coordinate a professional marketing effort for Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic and again was interrupted while she exclaimed to me that she could do that as well. I asked her why she was angry and again was met with a harsh tone. I was available to answer her questions for free but I do not feel I need to take angry words from someone who is having a bad day. I explained to her that she isn??t a client, has not paid my firm a dime, and my recommendation was that she did not need my services as she already knew how to do everything. I welcome competition and look forward to competing online against her employer Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic in the future. I feel that any business that has office administrators that fly off the handle like this are to be avoided. I spent hours answering complaints filed at various places by someone we have never done business with. I REPEAT this person filing this complaint is not the business owner of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic.

??Garden City Business Solutions was recommended to me from a fellow small business owner.??

This statement is fraudulent as the person complaining is not the business owner nor is she principle of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic located at 510 Columbia Avenue, Chapin, SC 29036.

??I met with the sales representative who explained that their service was to optimize my existing website to rank higher on the search engines. The initial contract that was proposed was $1000 "design fee" (mind you my site is 100% up and running) and a $600/month charge. We renegotiated the contract to waive the "design fee" (since the work was already done) and they were willing to lower their price to $400/month. When I asked what exactly would be done for $400/month, the sales manager put me on the phone with the programmer. The programmer not only insulted website (feel free to compare www.lakemurraypainandrehab.com vs www.gardencitybusinesssolutions.com and let me know which one looks more professional!) but he was unable to tell me anything more then he would add meta tags to my code. For those who don't know, meta tags are hidden key words that are separated by commas placed on a webpage that search engines use to pull up the correct pages when people search for.??

Our fee as stated in our contract is a research fee. This fee is to pay for the time it takes us to determine what keywords are the most valuable to the business in order to be certain we are monetizing the site for maximum performance and providing maximum value. I am sorry Ms Reeves of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic felt insulted as that was not my intention. I believe she felt insecure and did not like a mistake being pointed out to her as she is the one that designed the site for Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic in Chapin, SC. We have clients all over the country that have been with my firm for years and I have never had a compliant.

??This work, once the list is made, is a one time deal of cutting and pasting on 10 different web pages. About 2 hours of work if you are slow. Hardly justification of a $400/month fee. When I expressed concern that meta tags are easily added, and that i would be adding the tags myself I asked him what else justifies the price of his service. He told me that they would provide statistics for me. Sadly, these are the same statistics that the server I use already provides. Also, there are also FREE statistic apps that ANYONE can use. When I explained that I already have the statistics and pressed to ask what changes would be made in the code (besides the meta tags) that would justify the expense, the programmer raised his voice and became belligerent.??

Ms Wendy Reeves of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic??s understanding of how my business operates and how meta code works is incorrect and she may have learned this had she had the professional respect to listen to me. Again I am sorry she felt insulted but that is NO reason for her behavior on the call as witness by others in my office (the call was on speaker). I did not ever raise my voice.

??He told me he would rather complete AGAINST me and "see who's site gets more hits in a year". Pretty interesting strategy for a business that is trying to sell a service to small business owners that they are capable of getting FOR A MUCH LOWER PRICE. I WOULD LOOK VERY VERY CAREFULLY AT WHAT GARDEN CITY IS PROMISING.??

I do admit to stating I would rather compete against her. I was being yelled at by someone that is not the principle of the business Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic in Chapin, SC and recommended she not use our services. I see nothing wrong with competing in business and the reason I enjoy my profession is that it offers me to compete online against other companies.

??IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE (CERTAINLY NOT $400/MONTH) TO ADVERTISE DIRECTLY WITH GOOGLE.??

This statement can be backed up with data I would assume. I am waiting for Ms Reeves of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic to provide the numbers supporting her allegations.

??Shame on the business that is trying to take advantage of small business owners during these tight economic times. Shame they had to be so rude because they really could use a decent web designer. In fact, to "compete against them" I'd be more then happy to set up any website for their customers and 1/2 the price. then they will waive the overprice $1000 "design fee" for you too and you will have a PROFESSIONAL LOOKING SITE.??

Wendy Reeves of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic??s comments that we are taking advantage of small business owners is slanderous. I regret she felt the need to post such a harmful comment online with nothing to support her accusation. I have never nor will I ever do business with Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic in Chapin, SC or any other company that has unstable employees like Wendy Reeves. It is a shame that she spent her day trying to harm my company when she is not the owner of Lake Murray Chiropractic Clinic and her employer has never paid us a dime to perform any work. As to her allegations that she can do a better job I welcome the competition. As I say on my web site, a great looking site that nobody can find doesn??t exist.