Outback Steakhouse - Outback is the worst

Product: restaurant

Company: Outback Steakhouse

Location: Arboretum (512) 343-6333 11600 Research Blvd. Austin, TX 78759
AUSTIN, TX, 78759, US

URL: http://www.outback.com/restaurant/locations/SearchResults.aspx?address=78613&coords=30.511942,-97.81776

Category: Restaurants, Bars

This was a celebration for my birthday and my wife's and also having our son home. I ordered the 16 OZ prime rib(their specialty) wife the new shrimp dish my son the "chicken on the barbie." Service was slow and rude.It was ~5:30 so it was empty. My prime rib, after 2 bites, I had to send back it was so tough and dry. My son's dish was dried up and tiny portion on a huge plate. My wife's shrimp we thought was a joke. They were the size of my little finger, placed again on a huge plate. We got them to replace my prime rib and it came out raw, I did not eat it. When we complained the manager agreed with our complaints and offered to buy us "one dessert." I was floored! I had just spent $83.00 and had a horrible experience and this clown offers one dessert! Needless to say we left. I wrote the owner, he replied and said the GM would call me. He did once, I have never heard back again. It is now Feb 2nd. This is not the first time we have had a deplorable time at this restaurant. I would strongly recommend NOT going here. I work at the largest computer company in Austin and I have posted this same complaint on our consumer board for all employees to see.