ITTP TEFL Prague - ITTP TEFL REVIEW - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Posted on Sunday, April 8th, 2012 at 4:25am CDT by f26b081c

Product: TEFL Course

Company: ITTP TEFL Prague

Location: CZ

URL: http://www.tefl-prague.com/

This is a review I put on a TEFL reviews website but was taken down due to legal threats by ITTP TEFL Prague. It is not fair and I want to voice my opinion so I have re posted here - BE WARNED. NEVILLE THREATENS ALL REVIEW WEBSITES WITH LEGAL ACTION TO HIDE HIS SCAM - THAT IS WHY HE IS NOT FAIRLY REPRESENTED ON SOME SITE. WARNING!!!!!!!! If you are unsure email some of the big review websites like Abroad Reviews - www.abroadreviews.com or TEFL Course Review - www.teflcoursereview.com They will confirm that he does this. I had put this whole experience behind me until Neville brought it to mind again recently by looking for positive feedback from all of us on that November course after other TEFLer's spoke out about his scam. I thought it was a complete waste of my time and money. Mila was great and did his job well. I didnt quite get it and because there where 20 in the class, did not want to bother him as he had enough to do it seemed. Had there been a maximum of 14, then perhaps i could have asked for a little extra help from him. I did not like the large class and felt quite intimidated and embarrassed to ask for help and even if I had, would he have had the time to give me? I didn't get to see the cramped, expensive accommodation that was dangled as a carrot to get us there and by all accounts, am glad I didnt. (The pictures he posted looked nice). From the outset, and even before I arrived in Prague, I felt like Neville was scamming us. He offered this cheap accommodation and once he had my deposit, told me that it was full. I researched accommodation prices and found them to be a lot more than he was offering. I asked him for help and suggested I might not be able to afford the course if I had to pay so much, that the whole thing was based on the cheap accommodation he had offered. (Dangled). We ended up, thanks to Bob, finding a great appartement but at 3x the price. Thanks Bob. To my surprise, Neville came back to me saying that someone had moved course and that a small room had become available and if I sent another deposit, he would secure it for me. I sent another lump of money and low and behold, guess what, he thanked me for it and said that someone had got there before me. Do not get sucked in by promisses of cheap accommodation. Others, who were in the accommodation offered have written about that. When I suggested I might not be able to do the course for financial reasons, so giving him the opportunity to reduce the numbers OVERBOOKED on the course, instead of accepting that and letting me cancel it, his simple reply was,"It would be a shame for you to cancel, especially as both your deposits are non-refundable" and he gave me a link to a site that would definitely be able to help me. There are, of course, loads of sites that will help you, at a price. Who says our deposits are non refundable and why can,t they be? Particularly when he has made that guarantee of promising a maximum of 14 pupils several times on his website, and is overbooked. The course fee was $1990 but of course if we paid within 3 days, we would make a whopping saving of 291USD. I think a few fell for that one and took advantage of it. Then the remainder was to be paid in full, in CASH before the course started. Whenever anyone asks me for cash, my first thoughts are, this sounds a bit dodgy. 20 people paying this amount. Quite a lot by my calculations. I wonder if there is an element of greed involved here. When we went to look for it, the office he referred to did not exist, right in the heart of Prague. So another lie. I could go on but enough said. Others have their comments to make. This is my opinion only. Shame, on the surface it looked good but BE WARNED..!!!!!! Dont make the same mistake. Don,t get sucked in by lies and false promisses. LOOK ELSEWHERE...!!!!!!

Neville T., 2012-06-24, 01:00AM CDT

This following message is in response to the false accusations which have been planted all over the web this past year by a few sad individuals who feel that time spent online behind an anonymous computer screen empowers them and raises their personal profile above what they are able to achieve in flesh and bone in the real world. The one which ultimately counts. Thank you for your time. Nev.

Well, thank you very much for your feedback; although it feels more like a prolonged and targeted witch hunt than an off the cuff choice decision to provide feedback of our program. Still, we thankfully live in the free world and whether it is welcomed and based on fact or not there is complete free speech and it is everyone's right to voice their opinion - no matter how heneious or distorted that opinion may seem to a percentage of readers who in turn are free to access information at will in this free land of ours. I sincerely mean this btw, I am an advocate for free speech. However, misleading opinions and comments (and those persons who make such comments) should be questioned and with a virtual bright light should they (opinions and comments) be clearly intended to distort the truth or further perhaps a personal grudge against an individual.

Let me begin by openly explaining to the discerning reader that I have personally been the object of a semi-organized, persistent and stressful online attack this past year which has labelled my character as 'dishonest', 'uneducated', 'manipulative', 'callous'. Whilst I am sure that this small group might concur that I have only listed just now my positive character traits, or my redeeming qualities ( :-) ) I do just need to clarify that my role within ITTP as co-owner (not sole owner) is to manage the day to day nitty gritty financials and management. I have never in my professional capacity at ITTP ever suggested otherwise or more so and I have for example, never boasted about having left the small English seaside resort when I was 18 to train it up to Oxford for my university education; neither have I uber eagerly or with overt loudness of person waved the literal flags of my achievements post-university, of which colors have won recognition of praise within the field of English language as a second language publication materials. Well, that first one was a little misleading on my part because my first year and a half at Oxford were spent mostly between the Gloucester Arms and the JCR and upon the unceremonious, but completely justified booting out of Westminster College (now Oxford Brookes) I then proceeded to spend hardly any of my time in the JCR and instead held an almost continuous vigil at the Arms. I was young, I chose the wrong course to study and when the last 20 Pound note was no more from the fat wad which had originally materialized as my sponsorship and student loan funds I chose to begin and successfully maintain a temporary career move on the South Coast where I spent my days walking the beach and my nights with friends reading literature, playing guitar and (unsuccessfully) mastering the art of chess. I write this because even though I am a 41 year old fully grown man now with a family, business and responsibilities I was once and for quite a chunk of time bohemian like you :-) Well, you can take the person out of Bohemia but taking the Bohemian out of the person is frankly always a tall order and I retain a sense of 'hip' even as I career into my 9 years to go until I am 50 stage in life.

Lets now address the points raised here.

Oh, and I do need to divulge that ITTP will not be running Onsite international TEFL/TESOL courses from January 1st 2014. The reason for this is purely financial and a concise, planned effort to focus instead on other areas of business which very recently have provided compelling reasons to focus instead on more time effective forms of business and more financially lucrative. I know, I can almost hear the screams of "capitalist pig" trembling and groaning from your pert lips but what you must understand is that I arrived on Prague's shoreless shores with a pittance in my pocket and over the years I have worked long hours and short nights to make something of this seaside town boy who had a dream too, like you, but who saw this dream dilute and transform into what at first seemed a tragic crash to earth from those cathedral spires. In the past few years I have mad ethe mistake to somewhat rest on my laurels and to the newcomer who hasn't the encyclopedia Nev it would appear at first glance perhaps that I was the fat on top whilst the teachers and students were the chaff. Not so. Simply a meeting of people at different stages of their professional lives and when you yourselves create your own family you will likewise be expected to work like you have never worked before in order to fulfill your dream and provide for your family and you will also have the misfortune I am certain of meeting yourselves 20 years younger and feeling the existential heat of that meeting. Besides, just because I love money doesn't mean I don't also relish almost as much an evening spent sat on trams whilst feverishly devouring Kerouac, Kesey or Heller for example.

Yes, it is true that in the past I haven't always been forthcoming with accommodation option offers. This wasn't a calculative path but rather a knee jerk reaction to the often very unpredictable nature of both accommodation options and a student's ability to announce a change of plan last minute and decide not to come for that July course and therefore setting off the vacant accommodation domino effect. However, I always clearly offered options and students were never bottlenecked into being forced into any particular accommodation option. I have found over the years in this business that information clearly set out in a likewise clearly labelled email doesn't necessarily meet a reader on the other end who demonstrates the mirrored ability to fully read and understand that same information. Accommodation offers for TEFL students was always more than what a longer term expatriate living in Prague would expect to pay and the main reasons for this were a reflection of financial greed on my behalf (A.K.A. a basic appreciation of the rudimentary mechanics of capitalism), the fact that apartments available for foreign students on a short term basis are not exactly favored by apartment owners and of course again the element of school accommodation options being short term and so experiencing a significantly increased ratio of wear and tear if compared to apartments under longer term occupancy; which in turn drives up the rental figure as damages and even loss would need to be accounted for in cc 75% of annual onsite courses. And here I can make specific mention of Miss Burngirl who left her stay in the apartment with a broken bed and subsequent cries of "unfair" when a very small proportion of her accommodation deposit was deducted, the majority being returned within a week of vacating the apartment, and whom carelessly boasted on her personal blog of cartwheeling over the beds when returning inebriated from the pub. It is true that I read sections of this client's blog - it is my business to scan the online marketplace from time to time - and upon being extremely unimpressed with a clearly untrue claim on her blog about our accommodation option and upon politely contacting this client and politely requesting that it might be taken off the blog as it was a completely misleading statement, 'Burngirl' immediately took the comment off her blog and then proceeded to 'go professional' in her rants and it was clear that occasional Sunday brunch times were her time slots of favor for her anonymous ITTP-related online slander Sunday worship.

I write this response so frankly because I feel that online slander and bullying should be treated as such likewise. We have 'Burngirl' who has a consistent record over these past 4 years of taking the time to go online and post her comments and opinion and this amounts to a prolonged attack, intended to promote maximum damage to ITTP and (rather worryingly) to myself. You see 'Burngirl' if you had decided instead 4 years ago to go online and voice your opinion and provide your feedback then we could have taken that feedback and learned from it I hope and acted upon your complaint(s) if they merited attention - we do listen to all complaints and also praise (of which we do receive far more of) and it's important for any company to listen to the feedback of their clients if they wish to learn where they are going wrong and where they are steering correctly.

Regarding Harry Blendon's shameful behavior I will only comment that anyone who has devoted so much of their personal time to such dribble can feel free to continue as there is wisdom in the quote by Mr Wilde that there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about. We would also like to take this opportunity to confirm that we now know exactly who you are and for someone who never actually lodged in the ITTP accommodation option I think you have a ruddy cheek to claim otherwise. Some of your claims do hold gravitas but most I'm afraid is poorly written and would serve as an example of how not to present grammar, in a 1st grade UK comprehensive school. You have your 15 minutes of fame and unsurprisingly to me you have chosen not to take advantage of this precious commodity to further yourself, but instead have chosen to rake up a poor semi-legible attempt at very amateur investigative journalism.

I would like to end my own rant by offering a sincere apology to the vast majority of our school graduates who have taken the productive steps of completing their application form, traveling to Prague to take the course, graduated successfully from the course and then proceeded to teach and lend professionalism to the role that is to be a Teacher of English as a Foreign Language. I apologize because you are constantly being undermined by the 1 or 2 who come with their suitcases full of moans, their white picket fenced accommodation expectations and an envy of a former drifter who they feel has 'inherited' the position as co-owner and lover of business trips abroad as simply and automatically as they themselves often tend to 'inherit' the funds for their parents in the first place to be able to afford the time and expense of finances to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity which a holder of a passport from an English-speaking world can afford oneself in this day and age.

So, on that note I sincerely wish all of you a very successful remaining 2013 - yes, both the angels and the complacent moaners - and for those moaners and slanderers and online bullies who I have no doubt will further clog up the internet with their monotone and predictable toddler wet nappy crying 'literature' i won't be rude and wish you something such as to live in interesting times. I won't even waste another word of Oscar's on this forum of idiocy. I will simply wish you a beautiful satori moment when the day arrives and you finally develop into fully grown men and women, I wish you success in your personal and professional lives and lastly, but not least, I wish you had taken a different course with a different school and saved my time now writing this response (of which believe me there will be no more), when instead I could be focussing on our current students who are 95% lovely :-) In the everlasting wise words of Douglas Adams: 'So long and thanks for all the fish'! :-)

8de1f084, 2012-07-11, 06:04AM CDT

Here is the full story that Neville fails to tell everybody. NEVILLE AND ITTP OWN TEFL REVIEWS. THAT IS WHY HE ENDORSES IT.

I am a former ITTP TEFL Prague student and I am writing this complaint to provide a place where people can review ITTP TEFL Prague without fear of their reviews being removed. It is also to alert other potential TEFL clients to a major review scam currently being run by Neville Thomas and ITTP TEFL Prague. What his company did to myself and my classmates was really poor, however that is not my problem now. My problem is his attitude and dirty games towards our complaints and subsequent online reviews which has made me really angry.

To give you a background on my situation, I participated on the ITTP TEFL program in late 2011 in Prague. The course was ok (although after talking to other TEFL graduates from other TEFL courses it sounds as though there were better options in Prague). But the accommodation we were sold with the course was terrible and prices extortionate. There were multiple problems and to sum it up, we were all ripped off badly. Neville???s contempt and attitude towards us made matters worse and what was meant to be an enjoyable learning experience, turned into the course from hell as we were jammed into tiny accommodation with moldy rooms, broken beds, we had to clean the accommodation ourselves, internet barely worked and had 9 people sharing one toilet. This would be no problem if the prices were cheap but they were very top end, comparative to hotel living.

However, my motivation for writing to you is not because of that experience, it is my frustrations since leaving the course and revelations of dirty tactics and deceit by ITTP over the past 6 months which have forced this email. The efforts that this company and its owner Neville Thomas go to, to mislead potential clients and try to hide the truth that are disgraceful and need to be shared.

By the time we finished the TEFL program with ITTP we were all very upset and naturally went online to voice our displeasure and warn others of the ???accommodation scam??? that was being run by Neville and ITTP. This was where the serious issues started to arise and where my frustrations really began. As I searched online I could not find a great deal of independent reviews of ITTP (reviews not on the ITTP website) and the limited reviews I did find were gushingly good. Given I did not meet a single classmate in my time of the course who would rate the program anywhere near 10/10, I immediately smelt a rat. Outlined below are my experiences with the different review sites and how Neville has influenced them (or owns them).

TEFL Course Review - http://www.teflcoursereview.com/

I posted on this site along with a number of my classmates clearly outlining our displeasure at the shabby accommodation and terrible experience we had. After a few weeks all the reviews were removed and ITTP was completely removed from the website. On investigation we found out that Neville had threatened to sue this company and after continual harassment from Neville, the owner had just removed all comment of ITTP from the reviews site to stop Neville harassing him.

Abroad Reviews ??? http://www.abroadreviews.com/

Again, myself and a number of classmates posted onto this site giving ITTP bad ratings in the process as our experience was terrible. The reviews stayed there for a while but were littered with clearly fake positive reviews in between the negative ones. Finally, after a few months we received an email from the owner of this site saying they were removing our reviews. Neville had got lawyers involved, was going to sue for defamation of his company and had even gone so far as to visit the owner of the review site at his family home in London! In order to stop the harassment and legal threats, the owner had caved in was going to remove our reviews - some limited positive and negative reviews did remain though. ITTP was completely removed from this reviews site last week prompting me to take action. I have emailed the administrators of the site, twice since then asking them to reinstate ITTP and this is the reply I got - I am sorry but we are not interested in having ITTP on our site any more. I appreciate the fact you are frustrated but we do not want to our waste our time with him. Neville would relentlessly email us threatening legal action and he even visited one of the admin of the site at their flat in London after he got his personal details. He would call and text with legal threats. There were positive reviews popping up on the site for ITTP which we could not verify and were coming from IPs within Prague and any negative reviews he would threaten legal action for defamation. The final straw was last week when he emailed about 20 times in the space of a week giving us a deadline or legal action and will be suing for $1000 every day (loss of one customer per day) his company was mentioned on our site. It is not worth our time to have him on there. His company is a hassle. Abroad Reviews receives over 400 unique visitors per day and the way we see it, he is not getting access to any of them. We would prefer no more emails on this from you, as we will not be changing our mind. You need to find another site. We realize what he is doing is wrong but we do not have the funding or time to keep dealing with him. We are tired of him.

TEFL Reviews - http://tefl-reviews.com/

This website it turns out has either incredibly poor ethics or more likely is owned by Neville and ITTP. I had tried to post on this site in the past and my review had always been rejected. Funnily enough, despite the fact ITTP has terrible rankings elsewhere, it was the top ranked company on this website and my past negative reviews had never appeared. I was suspicious, so as a test, myself and other classmates tried to post under an alias this past month and within 2 hours of posting, Neville (the owner of the company I was supposed to be reviewing confidentially) had my email address, contact details and IP address. Is this legal? Can a TEFL company own what is supposed to be an ???independent, unbiased reviews website???? I would advise all TEFL companies with listings on this site to get them removed immediately from this website and take action against ITTP if you are listed on here.

What this means is the only review website Neville now has his company on is his own reviews website - TEFL Reviews. He is using a review website under the guise of being "independent" to promote his own company and run down other TEFL companies after threatening other review sites so they removed ITTP.

Needless to say, I am incredibly upset, my classmates are upset and this is no longer about our experience, rather the fact Neville tries so hard to mislead potential clients. Review site owners will no longer receive our reviews, citing they no longer wish to be ???harassed or threatened by the owner of ITTP???. Is that right that a company can hide their company performance through bullying and threatening review websites?

Neville???s response to this publicly has always been that the reason our reviews are removed from review sites is because they rant and are not reviews. His claims that the reviews are removed because they are ???defamation??? are not true and if you ask any of the owners of TEFL Course Reviews or Abroad Reviews, they will confirm that Neville harasses them and threatens them legally to have the reviews removed. They have both explicitly told me in emails in the past when I have complained that the reviews have been removed.

Here is a blog I am currently writing to keep people informed of real feedback regarding Neville's company ITTP TEFL Prague - http://ittp-tefl-reviews.blogspot.com/

975a69f9, 2013-04-09, 11:58AM CDT

Neville Thomas / ITTP PRAGUE ripped me off too,i too fell for his accommodation scam. he is dashing the hopes of trainees who are trying to get on in life by ripping them off.

eba82bd0, 2013-04-13, 11:07AM CDT

I took the course in 2008. My email correspondence with Neville made me immediately suspicious. I was overly enthusiastic and overlooked many things that seemed less than credible. Neville wanted to meet me personally so I could pay him in cash when I arrived to Prague. Meeting a person I've never met before in a city I've never been to with a large sum of cash seemed unwise and quite an odd request coming from the director of an "accredited" school. I was offered a smaller, more affordable room or a larger one. I chose the smaller room and was then told it was unavailable, as it had been taken already and I would have to pay for the larger room. When I arrived I found that no one was in the smaller room. It was empty. I was charged for the larger room because it was just another opportunity for ITTP to take money from me. The job placement guarantee consists of a list of schools and their addresses, the same information is available on the internet for free. There is no real job placement, don't fall for this. You will have to go find your own teaching work, and you will do that work, not ITTP. I felt the pressure of a hard-sales tactic to send a non-refundable deposit to Neville. Once he got the rest of my money, he did not seem very interested in communicating with me and put on the airs of a guy who actually works in education, which he does not. It was impossible to get him on the phone. He will communicate only through email, so he can control the conversation, where he presents himself as the dean of some prestigious institution. My TEFL certificate from ITTP is not really worth anything. Your interactions with this company will set off some instinctive alarms. Listen to them. Stay away. During my years in Prague I met many other people who took a class at ITTP. They were all either angry or disappointed. Your best bet it to get some TEFL training from a genuine, accredited, well-known college or university in your home country. Do your training at home, then travel to Prague or wherever and find work. Don't give a huge amount of money to some TEFL school working out of a rented office space. Most colleges and universities offer TEFL classes. Even if you just pay to audit them, it will be good enough on your CV. Teaching english as a second language through language schools is probably not something you are going to make a living at for a long time. If you want to work abroad for a year and live hand-to-mouth, it can be a fun adventure. You will deal with shady language schools who will not pay you. You will travel long hours from office to office - time that you are not paid for. When you do get paid, it will be poorly. If you really want to make a living teaching english, go back to school and get a Master's degree in education or second language acquisition. When you have proper teaching credentials you can apply at well-established international schools, not "internationally known language schools", but private schools that teach a full curriculum and offer benefits and a real salary. If you are really compelled to go take a TEFL class from one of the many bad, "accredited through Oxford or Cambridge or the college of teachers" - this is meaningless, by the way, TEFL shops in Prague, stay away from ITTP. You may learn a little something about teaching english, but you will be hustled and scammed out of your money. You will be disappointed.

Lucie Z., 2013-05-10, 06:32AM CDT

Ok, anyone considering taking the comments of HBlendon seriously, please please read this first.

HBlendon wrote:

'I am a former ITTP TEFL Prague student and I am writing this complaints to provide a place where people can review ITTP TEFL Prague without fear of their reviews being removed. It is also to alert other potential TEFL clients to a major review scam currently being run by Neville Thomas and ITTP TEFL Prague. What his company did to myself and my classmates was really poor, however that is not my problem now. My problem is his attitude and dirty games towards our complaints and subsequent online reviews which has made me really angry. '

That's not really true, is it HBlendon. Yes, ITTP has attracted some negative reviews, but no more than any other onsite or online TEFL course. Spend a bit of time looking and you'll see that all well-known onsite and online courses attract a fair balance of positive and negative reviews. That's normal.

What's not normal though is this:

Since about April 23 of last year we see a flood of extremely similar forum posts and reviews. All of them have similar titles, similar content, have something to do with a supposed scam ITTP Prague, or ramblings on about lousy accommodation at ITTP Prague. Whole "blogs" have even been created with the sole intention of writing one post - a negative review about ITTP.

All this since April 23.

Anyone with half a brain can see that all of these forum posts / reviews / one-post blogs were created by the same person or small group of people with some personal issue against ITTP or someone who works for them - clearly Neville, the joint owner of ITTP and widely respected in the Prague Education community as far as I and my colleagues are aware. Oh, and unlike you I have lived in Prague for 13 years so I think I can write with a bit more unbiased clarity ;)

Just look at the language used in the posts - there's not even any attempt to use different writing styles to make it look like they were written by different people. Have a look at the comments in the review that HBlendon quotes on his blog, for example - the language is so unbelievably unnatural for a genuine reply to a forum thread, it's laughable - they are such obviously staged replies, written by the same person that wrote the original post.

HBlendon (or whatever the person's real name is) quite obviously has some personal issue with ITTP and has decided to devote a large amount of time and energy into trying to discredit them.

My advice to anyone reading this - treat anything negative you read about ITTP written on or after April 23 with a very large pinch of salt.

P.S. No, before you ask, HBlendon, I don't work for ITTP.

Neville T., 2013-06-24, 09:04AM CDT

Lets now address the points raised here.

tony p., 2013-06-24, 02:44PM CDT

I stumbled upon this link

Does anyone have any comments as I am wanting to do a tefl course online and trying to wade through all the conflicting info i've found on forums such as this one.

Thanking you for your feedback

[email protected]

tony p., 2013-07-02, 04:42AM CDT

Firstly i don't work for ittp.

i can see these blog posts began in around april of last year so if i did work for ittp why wait until now to respond like this. i just want to get that out of the way.

i DO though study on the ittp online course and began doing so on friday last week and i came across this page researching my online course options and i must write that pages like this one actually clinched the deal for me because i was sure that the posts were written by either 1 person or a few and the amount of energy spent on this assured me that the school existed so i wasn't going to sign up and pay and find out it was an online school scam. so i began the course with ittp on friday and so far very satisfied with all aspects of the package. i feel they deserve a plug here so here is their website:

www.tefl-tesol-online.com

I don't know anything about threatening site administrators, fake reviews or any of the other crazy half-baked claims on this page but I think that one should validate this as fact first or just simply being equivalent to the brown slime which seeps from the rear end of the male version of the cow species.

Lets take into account all of the info on this page which also appears on a blog (probably set up by the same person) where people can post without any verification at all, and of which posts were obviously also set up by the same person who wasted his or her time on this blog: Ittp-tefl-reviews.blogspot.com.

SHOCKING isn't it!!!

why, all the same claims listed on that blogs are also listed on this page too!!!

but, I did some sniffing around and noticed that the .co.uk version of the blog (that's Ittp-tefl-reviews.blogspot.co.uk folks btw) has been censored by Google. They have taken off the written claims which also appear identically on the generic .com version of the blog and on the complaints sites.

why was the .co.uk version of this site deemed unpublishable by Google? I don't think they close blogs just for giggles as they take free speech seriously so why would they take off the .co.uk version of this blog, citing legal reasons, if everything written on this blog were based on fact? Mmmm :-D

Ittp-tefl-reviews.blogspot.co.uk

... because if it is deemed unsuitable for Google to publish it then you know it's essentially a load of man cow seeping goo :-)

teflonline reviews, 2013-10-28, 04:54AM CDT

I'm adding a recent (moderated) review which we received at http://www.teflonlinereviews.com (an ONLINE TEFL Course reviews website, NOT on-site !!!) and which has gone live on our site. The reason for this is that in the past week we have been receiving many negative reviews of the ITTP TEFL Prague program and all from the same ip address. My interest was piqued so this morning I ran a quick google search and came across similar "reviews" and I thought I'd do the opposite and commit a random act of kindness. The following is the 1 review from 12 received this week at teflonlinereviews.com. The only one which passed moderation and which was deemed suitable to be published, based on authenticity - the fact that the identity of the poster was confirmed as real and that it was deemed a genuine review:

_______________________________________________________________

This is a great program. I am a 47 year old missionary that wanted to get my certification where we could add teaching English to our ministry program. The course was great, and I learned a lot. A special note of thanks to Veronika my online tutor who was also great and very thorough with explaining any questions I had. I graduated with flying colors and this was partly because of my wonderful tutor, because of my sheer determination, because of the well-structured course content and user friendly interface. It's also internationally recognized and I've had zero issues using my certification since in job applications. My only negative point would be that during the course I sometimes felt that more emphasis could have been spent on the grammar component, but I guess that being older it was a bit more difficult for me because it's been so long since I studied grammar and anyway this wasn't a major concern as grammar was covered. I though could have done with a bit more explanation of some of the more difficult grammar rules. If I had to mark this program out of 10 then I'd give it an awesome 9.

____________________________________________________________________

A final message from teflonlinereviews.com is please stop trying to add fake ITTP on-site TEFL reviews and comments to my site! I run tefl ONLINE reviews. NOT tefl on-site reviews!!! Thank you! :D

Catherine B., 2014-01-22, 04:32PM CST

i couldn't help add my 2 cents worth because i read these posts when i was choosing my tesl course and i found that all this negative bombing of tesl schools helps absolutely nobody in the process. for what it is worth, i enjoyed my ittp tesl course experience. i wouldn't rate it a 10, but a 7 or 8 out of 10 would feel at about the right level for me, and i am not a walk-over type of person. for me it was just a course and an opportunity to experience Prague and meet a group of awesome classmates and it did this for me. i ended up teaching in Thailand on a cliche section of beach so i can attest that the certification offered by ittp is worth it's weight and i genuinely was impressed with their post course job assistance program. hey, it helped me get my slightly higher than moderately paid cliche English teaching job by the sea! overall i'd definitely recommend the investment in this course, but my advice is just don't travel to Prague and think ittp will do absolutely everything for you. They take care of you, but somethings you gotta do yourself [naturally].

i'm happy to answer any questions prospective students might have

[email protected]

Brian W., 2014-03-03, 01:46PM CST

I've recently been scammed by ITTP Prague for a TEFL (ESL Teaching) certificate http://www.tefl-tesol-online.com by their "manager" Veronika Perca Swierkova https://www.facebook.com/veronika.swierkova?fref=ts. After I expressed my discontent with their unprofessionalism as a company she boasted of defacing my certificate (as evidenced in the proof) which I paid for but in actuality hasn't mailed me anything after a month of waiting for the defaced certificate. Please do not send them any money and report this to as many people as you can. I'm also fairly certain they are affiliated/operate http://teflonlinereviews.com as they will not publish my "scam" report on their website and they are ranked very highly on that site.

In addition, please Facebook message or email Veronika at [email protected] and tell her she is a Fraud.