Red Lobster - Hairs (yep, multiple) in food... yummo

Company: Red Lobster

Location: 391 WEST ARMY TRAIL ROAD
Bloomingdale, IL, 60108, US

URL: http://www.redlobster.com/

On Sunday, April 15th, 2012, my husband and I decide to make a trip out to the Red Lobster in Bloomingdale, IL to celebrate my birthday in combination with our wedding anniversary. We arrived at about 6:00pm that evening and were greeting in a warm and friendly manner by the hostess who sat us at a 2 top booth directly across from the beverage station closest to the bar in the front of the building. I don't recall the name of the server (long, dark, wavy hair), but she was friendly as well, took our drink order, brought our drinks, took our order, and brought our salads & biscuits all in a very timely manner. I was 75% through with my dinner salad w/ ranch dressing when I noticed a short, dark hair at the bottom of the salad bowl. Because I have worked for many years as a General Manager in a restaurant, I completely understand that accidents happen and rather than embarrass the server, I chose to try and cover the hair with the remaining pieces of lettuce I still had in the bowl. Imagine my surprise, when as I was attempting to cover one hair, I discovered another hair, and another hair, and yet another hair... 5 hairs in total!!! Add to that my horror knowing I had likely ingested MANY more before making the realization, and I am now shaking in utter disbelief!

I immediately told my husband we were leaving, told the server that we would no be staying for the remainder of our meal, and got up and walked out the door, completely disgusted! On our way out, I saw a gentleman at the hostess stand so I asked him if he was the manager on duty (gentleman was likely in his late 50's w/ gray hair) . He responded yes, and I proceeded to tell him of our dreadful experience, to which he responded, "Why don't you please sit back down and I'll take care of your dinner". My initial thought was "REALLY?!?! I just found 5 hairs in my salad and you want me to try more food that comes out of the kitchen?! Not a chance!!" Instead, I simply told him that I had completely lost my appetite and there was no way he was going to get me to stay here for dinner and I would likely not be recommending Red Lobster to anyone in the future either!

I completely understand the the $75-$100 my husband I were going to spend between drinks, entrees and desert is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to the annual sales of Red Lobster and I have very little (if any) impact on your P&L but I wanted to let you know that I will NEVER be able to forget my 38th birthday or my 8th wedding anniversary thanks to the most disgusting dining experience I've ever had!

Sincerely and Regretfully,

*A former patron of Red Lobster who will be sharing this experience with countless others who ask about recommendations regarding dining out the the far west suburbs and who will never again be setting foot in any of your establishments!