Cool Tiles - Cool Tiles does not stand behind their products

Company: Cool Tiles

Location: 485 S. Broadway, Unit 29
Hicksville, NY, 11801, US

URL: http://www.cooltiles.com/

Don't let their nice website fool you.

I ordered 65sqft of the Stone Tiles by Diamond Tech Glass Tiles - Mosaic Solid 5/8" Squares in White Statuary Honed Mesh Mounted Sheets from CoolTiles. The CoolTiles website and staff say that these tiles can be used on walls, however this is false (I have taken a photo of their website, which lists this item).

Each sheet of these tiles weigh about 2lbs and there is no amount of thin set or adhesive that will hold them to a shower wall. I spoke to a representative of the company before purchasing this item, to insure that they CAN indeed be used on WALLS. I was reassured they could be.

On Wednesday April 4th, our contractor was over to install the tiles. He worked for 3hrs - a complete battle - trying to get these 1 ft by 1ft squares to stick to the vertical area of our shower. It would NOT work. I called in to CoolTiles on Wednesday April 4th and was told that someone would call me back. And no one did. I emailed CoolTiles on Friday April 6th. No one responded. I purchased the White Statuary Honed tiles from CoolTiles. These tiles were listed as wall-tiles. They are *NOT* wall tiles. At almost 2lbs per sheet and with the flimsy backing that they are pasted to, there is NO WAY that they will stick to a wall. We had a professional installer over on Wednesday and I spent $200 of wasted time as the installed battled with these inappropriately listed tiles.

I reported CoolTiles to the BBB and they told me that it was our fault and we needed to use a backerboard! OBVIOUSLY we already had our backerboard up before we attempted to install the actual tiles.

This company is a serious fraud and does not stand behind it's products. It lies and tricks just to make a buck. AVOID.

54134651, 2012-04-23, 03:04PM CDT

Please be advised your letter has been received and we were very sorry to hear about the problem you are currently experiencing.

The goods you purchased are warranted free from defects in workmanship on purchase. Unfortunately, if the goods are damaged by negligence or accident after purchase we cannot be held responsible. The tiles purchased are intended to be used in multiple applications including a shower wall. We always recommend have some type of waterproof membrane between your tile and your wall framing. The main thing you need to ensure is that no water reaches your wall studs. Wood swells with moisture and the only place that excess swelling is going to go is right into the back of your tile causing it to fall apart.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and value your patronage. Please accept a 15% discount on any future purchase.