ADT security services - ADT service

Posted on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012 at 12:07pm CDT by 28d2c6fa

Company: ADT security services

Location: ADT security services, Inc 14200 E Exposition Ave
Aurora, CO, 80012, US

I bought a house in September 2009. The former owner, who moved out of the US 2 years ago, signed the 3-year-contract (March 2009-March 2012) for Home Security System. I have paid the monthly charge even though I disconnect the monitor system over 1 year ago. The contract ended by March first. I have called the customer service many times for the cancellation and was told to FAX a written request to the # they gave me. I did 2 times with my Deed and Electric bill. They still send the bill to my house with the former owner's name.

My house has not been monitored at all over 1 year. They asked the former owner, who is out of US 2 years ago, to call for the cancellation since he signed the contract, is it ridiculous? I am the home owner, and have no RIGHT to choose some thing ON OR OFF my property!!!

Bad service, ADT!!!

c6a663c1, 2012-05-01, 09:46PM CDT

ADT STINKS!!!! We have had nothing but trouble for the past six months. We were called two weeks ago to inform us that our system wasn't connecting during their monthly check. I had to wait a week for a service call. The repair man blamed the phone company and told me to call them. Three hours later we had a message on the panel screen with EE. When we called ADT, they said that the wireless backup had gone out. No repairman available for another week. Today a man came and decided that we needed a new mother board in the system. He stayed for four hours, then left saying that he was running late for something. Two hours later the fire alarm started going off. My husband called them. They gave him a code that finally shut up the noise. Now, at bedtime, the alarm is going off again. Upon calling ADT, I was told that we could either pay $295 for emergency service because they were calling an employee at 10 p.m., or unplug the system for a week while we wait for another service call. We can't find the right plug for shutting off the system, even with instructions from the person on the phone who was ALLEGEDLY technical support. We are screwed and will likely have alarms going off in the night. I'm going to look for another company. I urge EVERYONE to avoid doing business with this operation.