Klassic Tyre - Bait & Switch

Posted on Thursday, April 12th, 2012 at 5:50pm CDT by 6cb5066a

Company: Klassic Tyre

Location: 1267 S. Elmhurst Rd.
DES PLAINES, IL, 60018, US

URL: http://www.klassictyre.co//

Category: Stores, Shopping

I received a coupon in the mail for "$6.95 Oil Change *most cars". I had been there in previous years, but was never very happy with the service (for the same reasons others have listed if you do an internet search of this business). But since I needed my emissions done, I figured I'd try there again since it was just down the street from the testing center. We all know when an add states "most cars", you can expect to pay more (and I have an SUV, so I expected it to be more anyway), so I called and gave them my make, model and year of my SUV. I was told on the phone "your SUV should take 6 quarts (and I agreed, since I've been getting my oil changed for 13 years) and it would be $14.95". I agreed and set the appointment for the next day.

I walked in, gave them my coupon and keys and the man at the front desk said "you know, it will be more than the $6.95 since you have an SUV". I said that yes, I knew, as when I made the appointment, I was told $14.95. He then said, "well, let me check and see if that's right". He then went on the computer and said "Yes, it will be $14.95". He said that in front of another customer in the waiting room. No mention was made at that time that I would incur any additional cost.

I'm in the waiting room for just under an hour when he walked up to me and said "you'll have to pay another $4 since your car takes 6 quarts of oil". Well, THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT, nor is it acceptable! First off, this so called "business" wants to charge an extra $5 because I have an SUV, then, they want to charge another $4 because it's over 5 quarts of oil!

FIRST OF ALL, I WOULD ASSUME THE EXTRA CHARGE ORIGINALLY QUOTED WAS BECAUSE I HAD AN SUV AND IT TAKES MORE OIL THAN A CAR! Why would they charge an extra $5 because it's an SUV and THEN charge another $4 because it takes 1 quart more than their "5 quart limit", which wasn't even told to me, nor posted (btw, most cars take about 5 quarts, and since SUV's may take alittle more, that's why the SUV would cost $5 more- why DOUBLE CHARGE FOR AN SUV??!). WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME MORE AFTER I WAS TOLD TWICE THAT MY PRICE WOULD BE $14.95!!!!!!!!!!!! Classic bait and switch maybe?!!!

The man behind the desk said he understood, but that's what the "boss says" and he couldn't do anything about it. This is the SAME MAN that told me I would be charged $14.95, and then tried jacking up the price. "You could talk to the owner, he'll be in tomorrow", he said, and also said "you're getting a great price", well poo poo to him, I have been having another service station doing my oil changes for years and at the same price, with better service and attitude. I declined being charged the extra $4 and the extra oil, so I left with 5 quarts of oil and a $14.95 oil change.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MAKING THE CUSTOMER HAPPY?!

THAT'S NOT EVEN THE KICKER...IT GOES ON!

I called Goodyears corporate office to let them know of this bait and switch and they registered the complaint (unfortunately, this business is interdependently owned and operated), which she did, but she also suggested I contact the Better Business Bureau, which I also did.

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS FUN!

I called the business, as I said I would the day before, to speak with Tom (the owner). He wouldn't even let me speak after I explained two of his employees told me $14.95 and then wanted to charge me more (I was very calm, mind you), and HE GOT VERY IRATE, RUDE, AND DOWNRIGHT DESPICABLE! He proceeded to tell me that's their policy, and I was stupid to be complaining about $4, that I hadn't been to his business in years (which is right, I found a better place), and that "Your business is no longer wanted here, or your coupons and you should get a life" and HUNG UP ON ME!! How dare he speak that way to me, or to anyone!

Yes, $4 isn't a lot of money, but when you do this to all your customers (or maybe just the women), it surely adds up for them. To have a $6.95 coupon and then the price would come out to $20, is just NOT RIGHT! I literally only got a few words in in the beginning and he just went off on me! THAT IS NOT A WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER AND IS UNACCEPTABLE! How dare a business owner not listen to a customer complaint, then yell at them and hang up. Again, I didn't even have a chance to raise my voice or act irate, since I only got a few words out!

TWO OF HIS EMPLOYEES GAVE ME A PRICE AND UNDER PRINCIPAL, IT SHOULD BE HONORED! IF $4 "ISN'T A BIG DEAL" per TOM THE OWNER, THEN I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY IT.

NOT ONLY WILL I NOT BE GOING BACK, I'LL MAKE DAMN SURE THAT ALL MY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS KNOW OF THEIR DECEPTIVE PRACTICE AND THEY WAY I WAS TREATED!

I wish I had listened to the reviews on other websites...but I felt safe, since I got a price over the phone (and then again in person). PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, THERE ARE MUCH BETTER SERVICE STATIONS OUT THERE!

The owner had no right or reason to yell and scream at me or to not honor a quoted price that was received from two different employees!