Epson Printers - EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WITH INK CARTRIDGE USE IN THE EPSON INKJET PRINTER!

Posted on Sunday, December 30th, 2012 at 10:19pm CST by 343bded5

Company: Epson Printers

Category: Computers, Software

I am continually frustrated printed with the Epson RX680 inkjet printer/copier/scanner!!

I have used remanufactured ink cartridges of various brands for several years in my Epson printer. They have all given me great printing results. In spite of this, my Epson RX680 printer frequently during printing that is going fine, gives a message "cartridge not recognized" and refuses to continue printing.

Occasionally, if I remove and reinsert all of the cartridges, the printer will "recognize" the cartridges again. Then it resumes printing,just as successfully as before!

I have never had a printing quality problem with using all of these various brands of remanufactured ink cartridges. Friends tell me the same. They print well and colors are good.

They have apparently never harmed my printer or anyone else's that I have talked to about this. If harm is possible, I am not worried about it, so am not concerned about voiding Epson's warranty.

Genuine Epson cartridges cost usually over 10 times the price of remanufactured cartridges. I can't afford to print at those prices.

I wish that Epson would change just one thing about their printers: remove the feature that complains about non-Epson cartridges and refuses to print with them. I want to use them, they do a great job, and I can afford them!

I can't help but get the impression (from the successful experiences that I and others have had over the years with these remanufactured cartridges)that damage to the printer is unlikely. I don't appreciate being interfered with if I want to "risk" using these cartridges.

It seems to me that Epson has this feature mainly to FORCE consumers to buy their expensive Epson cartridges. They may claim it is a necessary precaution to protect your printer, but others in reviews I have read at Amazon and other websites also have the same impression.

At any rate, I would like to find a more "user-friendly" printer next time!

Bob D., 2013-01-01, 12:13PM CST

This answer to the problem is get a continuous Ink System on eBay. The printers themselves print great. Buy the one that fits your printer and you will never look back guaranteed. Too easy!!

343bded5, 2013-01-01, 06:26PM CST

What is a "continuous Ink System"? Couldn't find it on eBay!

Bob D., 2013-01-01, 07:48PM CST

That's ok.....(http://www.ebay.com/itm/NON-OEM-CISS-CIS-INK-SYSTEM-for-epson-artisan-98-810-835-800-725-710-700-/181049250764?pt=US_Ink_Cartridges&hash=item2a276053cc)....Take all the data between the hash marks...this is for the Artisan series if you have any of the others they are there also. They work 100% as I have not bought Ink in the last 8years just 1 package of refill and I print high color every day..