Jenkins Hyundai - The Big Lie

Posted on Sunday, December 30th, 2012 at 7:47pm CST by Nico M.

Product: Hyundai Elantra

Company: Jenkins Hyundai

Location: leesburg
LEESBURG, FL, 32733, US

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Alot of people are talking about the big lie Hyundai used to increase sales. I don't know if it came from Korea or the greedy US Division came up with it, but I am very dissapointed. Like some others, I'm not as upset about the mileage as I am about feeling screwed. I work hard for my money and do alot of research before I purchase a new vehicle. I owned a 2003 Sonata that made me feel they made a quality product, and the 2011 Elantra was priced at $18,400 on their web site, along with the $1000 customer loyalty discount, it would be the perfect car for my 16 year old daughter. When I get to the dealer, they're in such demand (because of the mileage lie), I had to wait till June when the 2012's came out, then they tacked on a $1995 market parity adjustment, and customer loyalty discount doesn't apply to the Elantra. So I paid $21,500. I feel like a sap. Every day when I go out to the driveway, I am reminded of how your company took advantage of me. When I took it in for the mileage check in exchange for a fuel debit card (which excludes me from the lawsuit), I talked to the salesman about turning it in for another car, the dealer (Jenkins of Leesburg, Florida) has a Volkswagon lot next door. My daughter and I agreed to trade it in until we were told it was only worth $12000. Wow, do I feel screwed. Will I ever buy another Hyundai ? What do you think ?