[email protected] - Deal Central ripped me off

Posted on Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 at 10:38pm CST by 71372048

Company: [email protected]

Category: Magazines, Newspapers

Deal Central promised me a year of Entrepreneur Magazine for $17.91. I paid in July via Paypal and waited the 6-8 weeks. After never receiving it, I emailed them twice and received no response. Then I called and left a voice mail with no response. This company is a scam. Paypal only allows you to disputre for 45 days and that is inside of their promise date. By the time you realize you are ripped off Paypal refuses to help and they figure for less than $20 you forget and move on. Don't get scammed by this company!

Business Reply  Magazine C., 2013-01-14, 11:32AM CST

Hello. Please e-mail us directly at [email protected], so we can look into this. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. When contacting us, please include your transaction number and name and address, and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you.

d0f60d16, 2013-01-12, 08:44PM CST

Same thing happened to us. We ordered 3 yr TENNIS magazine subscription. Called and emailed with no response. Buyer Beware DEAL CENTRAL

Magazine C., 2013-01-13, 07:37AM CST

Hello. Second poster (d0f60d16), please e-mail us directly at [email protected], so we can look into this. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. When contacting us, please include your transaction number and name and address, and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you.

2db01a79, 2013-01-17, 04:02PM CST

I had a similar complaint about not getting GARDEN and GUN magazine through DEAL CENTRAL. I contacted both DEAL CENTRAL and PAY PAL this morning.This afternoon received a full REFUND from DEAL CENTRAL through PAY PAL. I ordered the magazine on September 4th. I emailed [email protected] after reading your website and their response to a complaint on your website.

683ea1a2, 2013-08-29, 09:18PM CDT

I ordered a two year renewal subscription to Garden and Gun for my husband in May and never received anything. I emailed DEAL CENTRAL yesterday using the above address and haven't heard from them.

Update: after submitting a dispute through PayPal (even though it was long past the 45 day time frame), I received an email from Deal Central (also known as Savings Central) telling me that I would receive the magazine subscription or could receive a refund. Since I had already subscribed through the Garden and Gun website by then, I asked for the refund. Received an email saying the refund had been sent to PayPal, but after a couple of days and nothing going through on PayPal, I again emailed the company and asked that they check on it. They emailed back and said that the refund had been sent through PayPal again. It took a couple of days, but I did receive the entire amount through PayPal back to my credit card.

Moral of the story: don't give up and go through PayPal, even if it seems too late!

Robin M., 2013-08-30, 04:34PM CDT

I work for a very respected magazine fulfillment center. I can tell you from my time working there that DealCentral is on most publishers "unauthorized agency" list. What that means is they are not allowed to sell that magazines that are put out by those publishers. They advertise subscriptions anyways, but they are never forwarded to the publisher to fulfill; the publisher would not accept the order from them anyways since they are unauthorized. Garden & Gun is one of the magazines that we get the most complaints about that DealCentral advertises. All I can say is don't ever do business with DealCentral and be sure to file a complaint with PayPal even if it is past the 45 days. Hopefully if there are enough complaints PayPal will restrict their ability to accept payments that way. Also, I hope anyone who was ripped off by DealCentral, no matter the magazine, will get their money back somehow.

Business Reply  Magazine C., 2013-09-25, 02:43PM CDT

Hello. Once again, please be sure to e-mail us directly at [email protected] if you need any assistance with a magazine subscription order. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you would like to cancel your order, just let us know, and we will issue you a refund the same day. When contacting us, please include your transaction number and name and address, and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you.

5fca498f, 2013-10-22, 03:51PM CDT

Wow, all this seems so familiar after reading other complaints. I also subscribed to Garden & Gun. After 45 days or so I called Customer Service at Amazing Savings to make sure my order was being processed. I was told that I should receive first magazine "some time in October." As of today (10/22/13)I still had nothing so I called Garden and Gun and after a lot of looking they informed me I was not in their system. I have sent emails and left 2 messages today, both a little unprofessional and sort of hostile as I hate getting ripped off. I want to alert you to this: I did business with Amazing Savings, was emailed that Deal Central would be paid, called customer service and Savings Central answered. When I accessed my PayPal account it shows that Premium Values was paid. Looks like this bunch of bandits operated under 4 different names on my transaction ($17.95 total - about $4.50 per company). Based on my experience, I would stay clear of all of them. I am not going to wait for responses, I have paperwork on way from credit card company who will work with PayPal. I agree that taking away PayPal from these sellers would be a swell idea.

5fca498f, 2013-10-23, 01:29PM CDT

This is follow-up to last comment. I left a total of 4 e-mails yesterday and 2 phone messages. During the night I got responses from Savings Central and PayPal that my money was being refunded. I received confirmation that PayPal is processing the refund. Savings Central did not in any way answer the question as to why my subscription was not provided to the magazine publisher. I am glad to report this was not lost money but it certainly was some aggravation and several hours of lost time.

Business Reply  Magazine C., 2013-11-19, 03:18PM CST

This is just a reminder that if you need any assistance with a magazine subscription order, you can e-mail us directly at [email protected] Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you would like to cancel your order, just let us know, and we will issue you a refund the same day. When contacting us, please include your transaction number and name and address, and we will be sure to get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you.