Lynda Lake - Lynda Lake - Dishonest Horse Trader

Posted on Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 at 8:42pm CST by s v.

Product: Horse Trader

Company: Lynda Lake

Location: 4214 Arch Road
STOCKTON, CA, 95632, US

URL: www.goodtobehorsey.com

Category: Pets, Animals

Lynda Lake is a horse trader out of Stockton, Ca. She also boards, trains and consigns horses. Represents herself has an equine professional and expert at "Matching Horses & Humans". She grossly misrepresented Duke, a quarter horse gelding as 13 years old and stated you can "Do it all on him". Soon after the purchase I noticed something wrong with him. Had 2 vets look at him and finally took him to UC Davis for evaluation. All agreed that Duke is closer to 20 years old, blind in one eye and has navicular in his pasterns. Aside from the obvious not disclosure of health issues, there is a HUGE difference in value between a 13 year old and a 20 year old horse. After the purchase, Lake would not return emails or phone calls for months, which prompted me to warn other potential consumers about this dishonest horse trader. Yes, horse traders have a bad name for a reason, but this one is exceptionally bad. She advertises on her website - goodtobehorsey.com, also on Craigslist, YouTube (under name luvinourhorses), EquineNow and HorseClicks.

Buddy K., 2013-01-11, 01:47PM CST

Glad to see someone is calling Lake to the mat about her bad horse trading. She is as bad as they come.

Lorena I., 2013-02-27, 06:15PM CST

I am having my own issue with Lynda Lake ,I would Like to know what your exsperiance was with her Buddy K. ?

Thanks

patti h., 2014-11-08, 06:13PM CST

Just curious...did you have a vet come out and look at him before you bought? I saw a couple of horses that I might be interested in, but after I read your complaint I am concerned.

jo b., 2013-10-20, 07:35PM CDT

I am with you Lynda is a snake. I bought two horses for my kids from her quite a few years ago. One died of spleen cancer soon after purchase. The other has been lame and NOT a kids horse since the day I brought him home. He was sold as a 15 year old trail horse. He was at least 20, cannot be ridden without other horses,herd bound, he , he will just stop and buck, will spook and bolt if he hears anything behind him etc. Some kids horse. Lynda woudl not return my calls either and was very quick to cash the check. Be very aware of her tactics.

0f9b5ddc, 2014-06-03, 06:09PM CDT

Does anyone have an email they would be willing to provide to talk about Lynda. We've had issues as well. My exercise rider broke her arm on a horse that she 'trained' among other things.

B B., 2014-07-26, 12:07PM CDT

She sold me a sick horse and did not disclose its dangerous side. She told me it was bomb proof and completely safe for my beginner daughter - It was NOT! This horse would freak out at nothing and bucked badly! I have pictures taken of this horse two days after I got it with white yellow snot pouring from its nose and had the vet confirm this horse was sick! She refused to return calls forever and when I did finally speak to her she denied the allegations.

Natalie N., 2014-07-26, 12:05PM CDT

Had a similar experience with this woman. I bought a horse from her in December for my daughter. He was supposed to be 20 years old and sound. Everyone, even the vet, said that he was probably more than 20 years old. He was serviceably sound for about 2 months then started having problems. When the farrier removed his front shoes and trimmed his feet he asked me if he had a history of founder. I said not that I know of. I had a different farrier do his feet in April and he asked me the same thing and showed me how his hooves had flared out as they grew, and how there was evidence of bleeding in the white line that indicated he had foundered in the past. He has been kept in a dry lot pasture since I have had him. I also had the vet out in April to evaluate his lameness. At that point he was on joint supplements and bute DAILY, but still shifted his weight constantly when standing. He was also laying down most of the day. He took hoof X-rays and an xray of his right stifle and said it was one of the worst he had ever seen!!! He said it was textbook for arthritis and joint degeneration. He said we could never ride him again and that he would recommend he be put down due to his constant pain. It was such a hard decision for us. We finally put him down in the beginning of June. My daughter was so sad and I was left with some very big vet bills to pay. Stay away from Lynda Lake and warn everyone you can about her!!!

de5f7527, 2014-07-27, 06:35PM CDT

IS that her REAL NAME?

a15e53e7, 2014-11-08, 03:44PM CST

I called her to ask about two of my previous horses that she had for sale on her web site. One of the horses I had given to a friend under the condition that she was never to be sold, and was, in fact, still registered to me while on the web site for sale. I called and she offered to sell me my own horse for 500 since she was old and lame. I was not in the State and could not go pick her up. I moved back to the area about 10 mths later and called to ask where the mare was, no response. I then put an ad on Craigslist looking for both horses. I got a NASTY, threatening phone call from Mz Lake, no answers just threats. Screaming out of control, absolutely no decent person would act the way she did, she actually told me that she didnt HAVE to tell me where my old mare was. This mare was a Champion daughter of Sir Norfleet. I have no idea where she is or if she is even alive. Her papers have never been transferred. Makes me sick to think what she may have done with her.

patti h., 2014-11-08, 06:16PM CST

I bought a horse from her associate, and could not be happier, at first I was skeptical, but after talking to the associate about Linda, she told me so many people do not have vet checks before the purchase, and they blame the horse trader! I really have to agree, people have a VET check BEFORE purchase, they can usually tell you the age of horse and if its healthy. When you try and save a buck by not having a vet check, this is exactly what happens.

Lorena I., 2014-11-08, 11:23PM CST

My Name is Lorena Ippolito and concidering you sent the first E-Mail to me You just lied again its a little hard to hide behind an E-Mail address when you sent one to mine. The horse you sold me was a Pregnant Bay Quarter pony I have owned a little over a year ,You should remember as she came down with Strangles 2 days after I brought her home ,I had you take her back to treat her. I have NEVER Threatened you with even small claims court so GROW Up .

The picture is of a bullet due to a Book club I am in about Werewolves (Not that I need to explain) You would do well to not accuse people of something so outrageously ridiculous like a threat due to a picture of a Bullet to try to make someone look bad.You promised to help if the pony was not trained but then refused to answer my calls You and Billy both said you would help what a LIE .You took my $1000.00 CASH and dumped on me . I am so glad you sent your response to me ,Just what I needed .

In a message dated 1/13/2013 10:12:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

To the Person Who Has a Bullet on their picture next to Email (hopefully that is not a threat):

I will be happy to take you off my list. I am not sure who you are, as you do not leave your name, any detail of the "untrained" horse I sold you, and your email address does not come up in my email search- which shows me that you are one of those people who hide behind their computer. As per your foal- you are calling me a liar because the mare didn't foal when I said....HELLO!!!, I am not a vet, do not perform palpations to estimate a more exact date of foal- And if you wanted to know, you should have spent the money getting her preg checked by a veterinarian. I simply can ONLY estimate, provide you the information I was given, and should not be called a liar because the estimation was 3 months off!!! Are you kidding me!!??? At least your got your foal!!! Everyone's entitled to their opinion- I choose to keep mine to myself about you. Not worth my time or energy.

This situation falls under the saying of: "If you can?t cook don?t tell someone their food needs salt"

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I have had Nothing but trouble dealing with you and the untrained Horse you sold me ,Horse trade much?

You amaze me Check out YELP ,A good Horse person woulds NEVER bail on a customer You said the foal was due in March ,He was not born till July 3rd .For someone who wants to be a pro . you Fail

Remove me from your list.

In a message dated 1/12/2013 10:57:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hi Everyone!!

We are starting another year and are super excited for what we have in store. We want to thank you for all your support and business in the past. We are looking forward in this next year to include a lot more quality horses, a 50 acre trail trial course, roping, barrel racing, mounted shooting & trail trail clinics, my personal competition for barrels and roping. We are super excited about 2013 and hope you and yours will be apart of our events and barn. I want to invite you to check out the site, as we have updated it to include many nice horses, inluding a ROPE & BARREL horse page. Hope to hear from you soon!! Thanks everyone!!

Lorena I., 2014-11-08, 11:24PM CST