Sobers Kennel, Bitte Ahrens & Pierluigi Preimavera - Sober Kennel Not To Be Trusted, We have waited Six Years For A Puppy or Refund--Didn't Get Either--so we are warning others--Do Not Deal With these Unethical people!

Posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 1:33pm CST by Kimberly A F.

Company: Sobers Kennel, Bitte Ahrens & Pierluigi Preimavera

Location: ROME, IT

URL: http://www.greyhounds.it

Category: Pets, Animals

Sobers Kennel, owned/operated by Bitte Ahrens and Pierluigi Primavera Of Italy, guilty of fraudulent business practices, scammers, will not deliver, Will not refund deposits, not to be trusted. Breeds, sells multiple breeds of dogs.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

DO Not Buy from Sobers a show dog Kennel owned/operated by Bitte Ahrens and Pierluigi Primavera of Rome, Italy.

Our complaint with Sobers is well founded and documented.

In 2006 My wife and I purchased two show quality greyhound puppies from Bitte Ahrens and Pieri Primavera of Rome, Italy. One puppy matured as expected and we are pleased with him. The other greyhound, however, a dog named Sobers Jett, did not mature into a show quality animal and we were promised a replacement puppy by both Pieri and Bitte.

Over the years, we waited patiently for the puppy that was promised us. Many litters came and went, and we waited anxiously. Our puppy never came. When I called Bitte, she would say that many persons had been waiting longer than us for a puppy where due first, but our puppy would surely come out of the next litter.

After a run of puppies not being available from any litter spanning years of waiting, we grew weary of this, it was now half a decade later and no puppy. In Feb of 2012 we informed both Bitte and Pieri that we were tired of all of the excuses and we wanted our money back. Bitte and Pieri agreed to refund our money In

February of 2012. In the meantime, we had learned about persons who bought puppies at shows (no wait if you have cash in hand) and Bitte and Pieri would go on expensive trips to other countries showing their dogs and judging (Bitte is an FCI judge) and yet not have the money to pay their creditors.

Communication has been at best, spotty and clearly Bitte is

avoiding us for emails had come only from Pieri. Pieri has a long history

with us of promises for payment that never came. Phone calls were never returned.

Now, here it is, six years later, we are still waiting for full refund of our money that we entrusted in good faith to Bitte Ahrens and Pier Primavera. We were due a refund of $1900--that was the purchase price of the puppy and the cost of shipping the dog was another $1000 which of course, was not their problem, and only after many many requests and broken promises by Pieri, we have only recently received a partial payment of $615.22 in December 2012.

We have purchased show greyhounds from Bitte Ahrens in the past and experienced no difficulty. The dogs were as represented and shipped in a timely manner.

We advise persons looking to buy show greyhounds to look elsewhere as Bitte and Pieri are not to be trusted. They are all too eager to take your money but do not deliver. As evidenced by all the broken promises of a replacement puppy and then non-payment of our refund, they are clearly

not people of their word. They have taken money that we sent them in good

faith and failed to deliver. We have heard from multiple sources in the US and Europe that our experience is not an isolated event, that other people have been similarly victimized.

And pity if they owe you money, good luck on getting it back, we haven't. Not only are we out the $1200 of unpaid refund, but we paid $1000 to have an non show quality dog shipped over from Italy.

The link to their web page is : http://www.greyhounds.it/ so you know who to

avoid.

Buyer beware!

Salvatore T., 2013-04-07, 09:36AM CDT

I suggest to you to send your formal compliant to ENCI - ITALIAN KENNEL CLUB using [email protected] ENCI is the Italian breeders club able to give to Sobers Kennel the correct punishment....alll the best from Salvatore Tripoli

Patricia R., 2013-05-18, 12:02PM CDT

Why did you wait six years? I had a similar situation happen in which the deposit was literally stolen from me. I dealt with a cattery called Muffhyms Cattery in Corona, CA and they asked for a $100 deposit for a blue point Himalayan cat. She strung me along for over a month and then I bought from a reputable dealer. You don't get a run around from the reputable ones. Muffhyms would not return my deposit and said it was "non-refundable" though they never showed me one cat or kitten but simply kept stringing me along. About all you can do is what i'm doing now...spread it all over the internet...tell all your friends about it and they'll tell their friends. I also filed with the Better Business Bureau, the California State Atty General and the Corona, CA police dept. Do all you can to spread the word about disreputable dealings! Good luck to you.

Kimberly A F., 2013-06-03, 05:40PM CDT

Thank you both Salvatore and Patricia for caring enough to compose thoughtful and helpful suggestions.!

We thank Salvatore T for his suggestion and are in the process of filing

complaints with both the Italian Breeders Club and the Greyhound Club of

America. Thank you for the contact information for the ENCI

I admit Patricia, we allowed ourselves to be strung along far too long with

empty promises that were never honored by these people. We are doing just as

you have said and only hope that we can help others by calling attention to

our experience in hope of preventing others from falling victim to these unethical people.

Kimberly A F., 2014-01-16, 04:31PM CST

To all would customers of Sobers

An update and resolution has finally transpired with Sobers Kennel. On Jan

14, 2014, in a final attempt to collect the money that has been owed us for

almost a decade, we sent the following email to them :

***************************

Sender: "Kim Fritzler" <[email protected]>

Subject: Charges pending.

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:39:05 -0700

To: "Sobers-Bitte Ahrens Primavera & Pierluigi Primavera"

<[email protected]>

Dear Bitte and Pierluigi,

Several months have come and gone without you people paying the money you owe

us.

We are now compelled to take further action. We will be filing charges with

the GCA and of course, all proceedings of this nature are published in the

Newsletter. We will also will be advising the kennel clubs in your area of

your fraudulent business practices.

Furthermore, our experience with you will be submitted to high profile

consumer complaint forums such as Ripoff.com.

It seems that we are not alone in being victimized by you. The copy below is

one of several notices we have received from other people that reflect your

unethical business dealings.

We felt it only fair to advise you of our intentions and give you one last

opportunity to refund the monies we gave you over EIGHT years ago in good

faith.

Regards,

Colin R and Kimberly A Fritzler

Windrock LLC

(Note: This was the most recent communication from yet another party

victimized by Sobers Kennel-Bitte Ahrens Primavera & Pierluigi Primavera) We

have received many such messages:

"S-wood" has sent you a message on ComplaintsBoard.com:

I have had the same thing i wanted a whippet from one of her litters was a

really nice whippet i paid up front for the whippet as i was collecting him at

crufts as i was going then they told me his testicle never dropped with till

this day i dont think it was true!!

Then i said il have my money back they said ok 3 months later i asked again

and she said Pieri would do it but he is away on business so he do it when he

got back then she said that they spent my money and they didnt have it to give

back to me il have to wait my husband was getting really cross so i emailed

her to as what greyhounds she breed and when she said not till 2013 but she

has this whippet here aka sobers palladian from sobers ingrid spoke to the

husband and he said take him as i dont think you get your money back. Me and

my husband drove to italy! to pick him up 11 hr drive for us as live in the uk

and when we meet up with pieri he wanted another 400 euro for him as he

travelled 4 hrs to meet us and i havent giving him the money when we got axel

he was skinny no stength behind he had a big puncher wound on his shoulder i

was not happy with this a dear friend of mine saw him the next day as she was

shocked by the stat of him as she has a sobers dog from her and she was in

great nick hope this help and you not the only one who has had this problem.

************************

Only after our email of Jan 14, 2014, advising these people of our intent to

file complaint with the various kennel clubs, including the Greyhound Club of

America, did we yesterday (Jan 15, 2014) receive a international money

gram from Sobers in the amount of $1232.60. While this amount does not satisfy the

entire amount we spent to acquire this dog--we are still out the cost of

transportation and the investment of several months care, we are

accepting of this payment and consider the matter closed.

At long last, more than 8 years after we entrusted these people with our money and confidence ,has the matter finally been resolved.

There are many good breeders of dogs. However, owing to our experience with

Sobers-Bitte Ahrens Primavera & Pierluigi Primavera, we would strongly

consider the consumer looking elsewhere.