Verizon - Poor Customer Service From Verizon - An All-time Low

Posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 at 10:40am CST by Kim C.

Product: Verizon phone service

Company: Verizon

URL: www.verizon.com

Category: Telecommunications

I am a Verizon FIOS customer with a bundle (landline, wireless, cable, Internet) who has been with Verizon for almost 10 years who is extremely dissatisfied with Verizon customer service (or lack of it), which seems to have deteriorated beyond repair. I will try to keep this brief and to the point, but I have had unresolved phone issues for almost a year now that no one within the organization can fix.

1) The first landline number I received from you all was the end recipient on a ?robo-call? list where I would receive hundreds of phone calls a day, even though I immediately signed up for the ?Do Not Call? list upon receipt of the number. It was obviously a bad number that needed to be removed from the Verizon system. After a very long time (months or even a year), I switched numbers after much time unsuccessfully spent researching and trying to fix this problem.

2) On the second landline number that we implemented, which we had for almost a year, someone had hijacked our home phone line (perhaps a hacker, no one knows) and was using it to dial callers in our local area market. Needless to say, we received many threatening and obscene phone calls in return (when they hit re-dial), which we have documented. We have spent countless hours each week with Verizon's various customer service representatives (and various other individuals when the call was escalated) providing them with the Caller ID information and the Caller ID name trying to resolve the issue. Over time, I probably spoke with 10 or so different individuals on this issue, none of whom seemed to know how to fix the problem.

There was one representative who said a network engineer would put a ?digital bug? in our FIOS box to find out who was performing this fraudulent activity so that we could correct the issue. When nothing happened, no communications, nothing, I called back and yet another customer service rep assured he was escalating this issue to the ?War Room? and they would fix the issue so I did not have to change my number again. He promised the issue would be resolved in no more than 5 days, or at the very least, some form of communication would occur. This was weeks ago and I never heard from him or anyone else in your organization with any form of follow-up.

After months and months of trying to resolve this issue, finally, in defeat and desperation, I requested a phone number change after learning it is virtually impossible and cost-prohibitive to ?unbundle? the services (which I am pretty sure is illegal). Both this number and my old number have a ?disconnected? message on them when dialed now.

Now I am with Verizon?s ?Order Escalation? team to execute a simple phone number change. I requested the phone number to be changed on Friday of last week and it is Tuesday and the number still DOES NOT work. I am currently with your ?Order Escalation Team? to fix what should have been a 24-hour-turnaround.

After all this, one might expect a fair discount to their account, but I have never been given one or offered one, even when I ask.

We spend more than $5,000.00 with Verizon annually. This may not amount to a lot to them in the scheme of things, but we would hope that they will care enough to rectify these issues so that we do not have to change carriers, or worse, look into possible legal options. We are sure they probably do not care and they will say to themselves, ?So what? This is only one customer,? but if you go online, you will see what legions of Verizon customers are saying. Verizon might be the ?big dog? now, but when the company falters, and all companies with this low degree of customer service do, they should remember that giants fall hardest of all.

7ba5818c, 2013-01-25, 03:56PM CST

Here is my situation;

I signed up for Verizon Wireless service as a Christmas gift for my parents. What a mistake that has been. When I got to their state the service did not work well at all. I took the phones back to Best Buy. When returned Best Buy did not tell Verizon to close down the lines of service. I was still being billed for something that I did not even have in my hand anymore. I got a bill from Verizon for the monthly service showing the lines active. Called customer service and reported the issue the rep said she would address and close out the lines and get me a bill total. Never heard anything back I get another bill this time it was for two months service and two early termination charges. I'm pissed at this point. Spent three days on and off arguing about it with CSR's & Collections. I finally got a hold of someone in collection in Minneapolis MN. He corrected the issue and I paid what was owed. Then VZ a month later reports it as an open collection to my credit. I decided to file a complaint with the BBB in NJ that got directed to the Irvine CA office for resolution. That has turned out to be a joke! I pasted my rebuttal to Verizon that was furnished to the NJ BBB. If you are thinking of getting Verizon Wireless watch out if you have a problem they will not help you get it resolved.

Verizon Wireless was contacted on numerous times about the account not having been billed correctly. If need be I can furnish CDR records to substantiate. I as the customer should not have to forego spending hours on the phone to sort out their billing system problems. Nor the inability for their customer service/account manager teams to do their job. The simple fair solution is for Verizon to take the ownership responsibility and admit they messed up. If they had billed me correctly in the first place and not forced me to spend countless hours on the phone, we would not be dealing with this situation. It took me over a week to get back to Mrs. Fitzgerald with Verizon simply due to the fact I am extremely busy. To my point about this situation & not having the time to combat this matter.

Furthermore, their collections supervisor (Donald) Minneapolis MN even admitted "this matter should have been addressed and never gone to this level". The account is now paid to a zero balance. Donald took the responsibility and credited the necessary charges/adjustments to the account that should have occurred after my first phone call to customer service. 30 days after this was paid a open collection was reported to all three credit reports. This is simply not just nor the proper way to conduct business. Verizon Wireless is not out any money they have been paid. I want what is just in the eyes of the state of California and the United States of America for this account to be removed at once from all credit agencies.

2d655f06, 2013-05-18, 07:39PM CDT

About eight years ago, I signed up for VERIZON telephone service including high speed internet and it took several calls to their service technicians in India over several days to get the internet service established. It was exasperating.

I have slow DSL and no dial tone on my telephone line but no "NID box" on the outside wall to enable me to follow the troubleshooting instructions on the VERIZON web site.

About four hours earlier, today, I was contacted by the local VERIZON office and asked if I could get the previously scheduled repair appointment moved up. They claimed to have a repair man, looking for something to do, near my home. I agreed.

Approximately five hours later and no repairman has arrived.

I phoned the office that phoned me initially from the Caller ID on my VERIZON MOBILE phone and they don't answer. So, I went to their web site and got a number supposedly for my local office. After going through a phone tree, spending approximately an hour total between the web site, the phone tree, and speaking with two VERIZON employees in the Philippines, I'm told that their records indicate that the problem has been repaired.

On my second call to the Philippines, about half an hour ago, I told someone for whom English is obviously not a first language, that I still don't have a dial tone. I was promised a call back from someone local "to discuss my problem."

I don't want to discuss my problem; I want a repair person to come out to the house and repair the problem including installing an NID box so that I don't have to climb a ladder to follow the VERIZON troubleshooting procedure.

About an hour after posting the draft of this complaint, someone claiming to be "Mark" from the Philippines phoned me back. He said my statement that I was called by someone offering to send a local technician who had time on his hands was not true. He said there was a record that I'd changed my appointment to Monday instead. And he said he was offended that I complained I have difficulty understanding two of the callers and he insisted that it was English that was spoken in the Philippines. I told him that I begged to differ, that the native language is Tagalog. He was argumentative and did not offer anything other than changing my appointment to Monday and I told him again, clearly, that I'd stayed home, today, that I already had an appointment on Monday, and that I'd made other plans for Wednesday-- that I knew there was a local technician who worked out of his house and who could at least phone me or that I was through with ALL VERIZON services. If I don't hear from a repairman, timely, I intend to take my laptop elsewhere for my internet and e-mail business and cancel NetFlix.

Re: The "Universal Access Fee" on your VERIZON MOBILE bill see:

Your VERIZON MOBILE bill includes charges for free ObamaPhones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVl1gg7Ldd8

An ObamaPhone is free to welfare recipients: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio