WebBank - Hard Credit Inquiry when you open checking account

Posted on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 at 7:05am CST by DOUG G.

Company: WebBank

Location: WEBBANK/BML 9690 DEERECO RD TIMONIUM, MD 21093
TIMONIUM, MD, 21093, US

URL: webbank.com

Category: Business, Finances

It is your responsibility to ensure your permissible purpose in accordance with the Fair

Credit Reporting Act before reviewing a consumer's credit report. Demonstrate that your

hard inquiry to Equifax December 2011 met this requirement, pursuant to that Act.

Your HARD INQUIREY, for the sole reason of opening a checking account, resulted in damaging and lowering my credit FICO score. WHY ???? WHY ??? I applied WebBank for a checking account and you injure by credit. WHY ???

I did not apply for a loan or even overdraft protection but merely was going to give you money to open checking account and you did this to me. WHY???

The Act specifies that you must document your reasons for requesting my report and, when in error, remove them as well.

I expect WEBBANK to follow the statute: Either provide documentation that the law was followed by researching the matter at once, or remove this offending HARD INQUIREY as soon as possible.

PS: If this fraudulent Hard Inquiry is not rectified, I shall protest to the BBB and file complaints to the approiate Internet agencies, concerning your policies in dealing with their customers.

d33f3d02, 2012-12-10, 08:28AM CST

BML stands for Bill Me Later. It is a revolving charge account not a checking account.

Business Reply  50e39ad2, 2012-12-10, 02:01PM CST

Doug G.

Please contact our sevicing group at 866-528-3733 to discuss. Once you hear a recording asking for an account number, please press the # key a few times to be re-directed to an agent.