Marc Whitnall - SMSF Property Pty Ltd., Australia - Non-payer

Posted on Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 at 4:44pm CST by Eleonora E.

Company: Marc Whitnall - SMSF Property Pty Ltd., Australia

Location: Head Office in Brisbane PO Box 18, Spring Hill, Qld 4004 Australia
AU

URL: http://www.smsfproperty.net.au/

Mr. Withnall contracted me for the transcription of minutes from meetings. The audio files quality was not that good, to say the least, so the work was harder and more time-consuming than usual. Besides, he is a client very hard to communicate with: he answers emails from time to time with one line messages.

Because of poor audio quality - low volume, background noises, phones ringing, and so on - and people speaking all at the same time, I wasn?t able to discern a few words, names, and/or acronyms (on more than 12,000 words in about one hour recording), so I sent him a draft to review. He was supposed to check it and send it back, for me to complete the work. Instead, he took the draft and disappeared.

Now, after more than two months, he keeps not answering my emails and I really think I will never get paid.

Business Reply  Marc W., 2012-12-08, 10:10PM CST

This activity was managed through freelancer. The milestone payment was made in accordance with the terms of the site. The payment process is that you pay freelancer and then the contractor submits a request for the money.

We are unaware why the payment has not gone through to the contractor, the payment was for $30 AUD .

We regret any inconvenience caused.

SMSF Property have since rectified this complaint.

We respect the power of this website and thank this environment for being able to deal with this complaint.