The Home Depot - Can't get company to remove me from their email distribution list

Posted on Friday, November 30th, 2012 at 12:34pm CST by Rashid C.

Company: The Home Depot

Location: 2455 Paces Ferry Rd. Atlanta, GA 30339
ATLANTA, GA, 30339, US

URL: homedepot.com

On October 25, 2012 I submitted a request online with the home depot to be removed from their customer database list so that I do not receive their mailer advertisement and email advertisement. As of today, I am still receiving emails from this company. When I was contacted by a customer service person with a very poor attempt to console me based on my reason to make the request, I was told that this process would take a "few days" after a week had gone by and I was still receiving their 3 daily emails. A few days later and now I am only receiving 1 email a day this week, which is down from 2 emails a day last week. I guess if the progression follows any established pattern then by next week I should not be receiving any emails at all, but my request was for an immediate end to communication that I no longer desired to receive. I only want them to stop sending me emails and their mail advertisements and they are treating this like I was some sort of refund on a home repair. I think that this is very disturbing that they cannot do some so simple as remove one person who no longer wants their information to be shared with this company removed.