Kroger in Shadow Creek Pkwy - Bad Fuel

Posted on Friday, November 30th, 2012 at 1:13pm CST by 7ec0332d

Company: Kroger in Shadow Creek Pkwy

Location: 11003 Shadow Creek Pkwy
PEARLAND, TX, 77584, US

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM I purchased some premium unleaded gasoline from Kroger's Shadow Creek store on FM 518. I purchased 11.364 gallons @3.169/g. After I purchased the gas, I proceeded home and I did not drive my car any more that day. The next day, Wednesday morning I left for work. As I was driving, I noticed that my car was sluggish but I continued to drive. When I tried to get on the freeway (HYWY 288), I noticed that my car was not picking up spend, it was like it was getting stuck in gear. I have not had any issues with my car before now. As I continued driving, I noticed that my car was hesitating in picking up spend. When I finally exited the freeway, I had to stop at a red light. All of a sudden, my car started to shake and the engine begin to knock and I begin to pray because I did not know what was going on. I prayed all the way to work because I was afraid that the car was going to stop completely. I rolled through stop signs and I am thankful that I made all of the green lights to arrived safely at work (thank the Lord). I pulled into the parking lot at work and I immediately turned off the car. Then I turned it back on and the check engine light came on. I left the car and went to work. After work I took my car to My Mechanic car shop (where I have my car serviced all the time). I told the sericeman what was going on with my car and he said that it sounded like I had gotten some bad fuel. I told him that I had just filled up my car the day before at Kroger. He had his mechanic check it out and sure enough he verified that I had indeed gotten some bad fuel. My husband & I took my service ticket and my receipt for my gas to Kroger the very the same evening which was Wednesday. I spoke to the manager on duty, Mr. Jason Perry. Mr. Perry made a copy of the ticket and the receipt and said that he would call in my complaint to the insurance company. He called me later that evening with a claim # and he told me that insurance company would contact me. I picked up my car Thursday evening and I was telling the service manager about what happened and he warned me not to get my hopes up about the insurance company for Shell Oil (Kroger's gas distributor) settling the claim and he begin to relay another incident that one of his other customers had with bad fuel from Shell. Well, sure enough, when I got home I called Sedgwick CMS and gave them my claim #. I was referred to Laurie Castelline, a customer care representative. When I explained my situation, she said that they had not had any complaints about bad fuel and she would not pay the claim. The manager's name at Kroger store is Jason Perry phone # 281-669-1230. I feel that I have been wronged by innocently purchasing gas and I hope that you can help or tell me what to do.