Mercedes Benz - MERCEDES BENZ - REPAIR FIASCO

Posted on Thursday, November 29th, 2012 at 9:05am CST by Adriana S.

Product: Mercedes Benz E320 - 2001

Company: Mercedes Benz

Location: #3 Mercedes Benz Drive Montvale, NJ 07645
NEW JERSEY, MIAMI, ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, FL, US

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

On June 19, 2012, my car broke down. Mercedes Benz in Coral Gables, Florida picked up the vehicle and told me it would take a few days.

A week later, I was told that it would be another week. I was given a car in the meantime. After three weeks, I was told by Mr. Tony Fuentes that my car needed a special part and that it would take longer and that they could not allow me to keep the car. I returned the car and patiently waited. At one point I was told that it would be September!! Mr. Fuentes told me that I had to contact Customer Service, Ted Schwartz to find out information about my car and the estimated time. This individual has not done anything but tell me that there is nothing they can do and that I have to wait! I have called him several times and he does not want to speak with me. I leave him messages and he does not return my phone calls.

It has been over 5 months and my car is still at Mercedes Benz. There is no estimated time, no compensation, no information. It is appaling!

Today, I tried again and, there is still nothing happening, except that I have to wait but, I don't know until when!

I am a Real Estate Agent and have been unable to work for the past few months since I do not have transportation!!!!

I don't know what else to do about this problem and lack of response from Mercedes Benz.

Bart S., 2012-11-30, 02:54AM CST

looks like you need to file a lawsuit against them,, 5 months without your car is a good case and the dealer is prepared to counter by saying you abused or neglegted the car causing the breakdown in the first place,,,, you need to pick up that car from that dealer and take it to someone else for a different opinion before the dealer covers up something about that repair maybe by switching parts from another car. Anytime a car dealer gets quiet all of the sudden and doesn't return your calls you know he's preparing for some type of legal action,,, you need an attorney.