Dell.com - Dell.com doing Bait and Switch during Black Friday

Posted on Monday, November 26th, 2012 at 11:49am CST by 76f1b7c2

Company: Dell.com

Category: Online Scams

I followed the CNET recomendation for the Dell 14z during Black Friday and I was able to get it in, but today Dell sent an email saying that their system had a problem and they could not fullfill all the orders with the 14z. They said that I should cancel my order or accept a the Inspiron 15 instead (heavier and bigger). Have you heard any other complaints of Dell.com doing bait and switch for Thanksgiving? BTW, they also have the worst customer service in a long time.....it too me 146 minutes to get my call answered this morning.

c1714913, 2012-11-26, 05:32PM CST

Dell did the same thing to me and there was no option to cancel the order on-line so I had to wait over 1 hour on the phone to cancel the order. They also had no flexibility to offer an alternate computer of the same size.

a93af257, 2012-11-26, 05:34PM CST

I had the same problem. They are a joke.

e2e1fb42, 2012-11-26, 07:11PM CST

Same problem. Even worse, they have actually done the same thing previously on black friday 2010. Some are speculating it is an intentional bait-and-switch situation, instead of an inventory management issue.

b075bf30, 2012-11-26, 07:18PM CST

Likewise here. 4.5 hours to get it resolved. Spoke with 6 different people including two "managers" before ever getting to someone who could actually cancel an order. I will never, ever, ever own a Dell.

cc0a364d, 2012-11-26, 08:26PM CST

Same here. They are just dishonest and I will sue them. They got me in the wrong day. I will make sure the message that Dell is dishonest is broadcasted.

2fd967d6, 2012-11-26, 09:54PM CST

It was intentional check the groubal

Daniel, 2012-11-27, 07:50PM CST

Same bait and switch here. I had a purchase confirmation within 30 minutes of the sale start. A 2 hour wait to speak with a rep. I complained but did not cancel. I figure I'll wait until they ship the inspiron 15 to me then refuse delivery because it's not what I ordered. Let them be stuck with an inventory that they can't sell.

SAN M., 2012-11-27, 10:02PM CST

DELL screwed me and others over. This is a very bad business strategy. If they don't respect us, why would we spend our hard earning $ on them. All of us have dignity and we're not asking DELL for a free laptop.