eBags - Wrong case sent

Posted on Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 at 2:44pm CST by Jim M.

Company: eBags

Location: 5500 Greenwood Plaza Blvd Ste 160
ENGLEWOOD, CO, 80111-2105, US

URL: ebags.com

Category: Online Shopping

I know this is beyond an covered window by either my credit card company or the retailer eBags.com, but I made a purchase for a tablet case for my mom for a Mother's Day present. It was for the "rooCase Multi-Angle Folio Leather Case & Stylus for ViewSonic gTablet". Anyone who knows the gTablet knows it has very poor viewing angles so multiple angles is important. Since my mom lives in Florida, I actually did not realize until now that they sent the wrong case. They sent one which has a case with a stand with only a fixed viewing angle. My mom seemed disappointed with the stand so I ended up buying her a completely different one on Amazon just recently. Now I know why she was so disappointed. It was because it was the wrong one. Despite the fact that this is beyond the window for returns, considering the fact that eBags sent the wrong item, it seems that this would be a valid reason for making an exception. I contacted them and they apparently don't care. I must be the one who is ultimately responsible, I never had any clue that they would send a WRONG item that I should check with my 80-year old mom whether the right item was sent or not. While $44.99 won't break my bank and obviously, it leaves a very unsatisfactory feeling with me. If you look for online reviews on eBags, you'll actually find other people very dissatisfied with eBags.