mywritingjob.com - Don't use mywritingjob.com!

Posted on Monday, November 12th, 2012 at 8:11pm CST by Lynne K.

Product: online writing jobs

Company: mywritingjob.com

Location: SAHUARITA, AZ, 85629, US

URL: mywritingjob.com

Category: Online Scams

Review of mywritingjob.com - bad bad bad!!!

I signed up for mywritingjob.com on Oct 23, 2012. Sent them my $49.99 that I could not afford to lose! I looked through the jobs and right away decided that the jobs pay too little and are the wrong kind of writing for me (I'm an unemployed technical editor). I emailed them to try to get my $ back since they advertise a 100% money back guarantee (within 90 days which I was well within the time limit) on their "Live Chat". Even after over a week with the Live Chat open nobody ever responded. I wrote them another email, initiated another live chat nobody ever responded. The chat is still running, "Live" my ass! I am VERY disatisfied with mywritingjob.com and recommend that nobody signs up and nobody sends them money!!!! Steer clear of MYWRITINGJOB.COM!!!!

700ccff0, 2012-11-29, 10:17PM CST

I hope you notify CraigsList about this, as this outfit has been advertising there.

A B., 2013-03-30, 08:35PM CDT

For anyone who has been duped this scam company's "money-back" guarantee - here is the company behind the curtain. They are in Arizona. This will give you phone numbers, and email addresses to contact to pursue your refund. This scammer has been posting all over Craigslist and changing their posts because people are now on to their game. They probably make a tidy living just scamming a couple people a day across the country.

MyWritingJob.com is Owned by Domains By Proxy

DomainsByProxy.com

14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

A B., 2013-03-30, 09:29PM CDT

Here is additional information I found about this organization. They are an Internet domain company and keep changing their URL. They also ran a business called government-records.com which handed out bogus records and charge big bucks for them. Here are some actual people to contact. Good luck getting your money back!!! These people need to be put out of business. They are in Scottsdale, AZ (info listed above)

Business Management

Ms. Lisa Villeneuve, Manager

Mr. Douglas Preston, Administrator

Contact Information

Principal: Ms. Lisa Villeneuve, Manager

Business Category

c8a61257, 2013-04-02, 03:36PM CDT

This is a huge scam!

The so-called postings on here are not client direct postings. They are ads from other free sites!

What's worse, the ads for classifieds such as Craigslist are truncated so you can't even view the entire ad.

This company needs to be shut down.

8e462f87, 2013-06-05, 06:35PM CDT

Don't get scammed into purchasing MYWRITINGJOBS.COM they claim in writing a 90 day money back guarantee. You can email them or live chat, but No one will ever get back to you. They claim you need little or no writing experience..yeah right. All the jobs required at least 2 years experience and I bet if I would have tried to contact each "job" they wouldn't even exist. It was all Lies!!! They didn't even have the decency to at least respond to my emails. I even put a claim into my credit card company to get my money back and they denied my claim (took 10 days for them to investigate)They probably gave up because they also did not get a response. What a RIP OFF!!!!

2d17078d, 2013-06-13, 05:51PM CDT

Thanks to all for posting this SCAM info. I almost sent $34.00 to these creeps. Lucky! I looked for complains and opinions about mywritingjobs, just as I was reaching for my credit card, and got a TON-of-bad-REVIEWS!!! Caution! Avoid this SCAM! Not ONE good review!!! Best. Albuquerque.

Stephanie M., 2013-06-13, 06:29PM CDT

You will do much better to go through reputable sites like Need an Article, The Content Authority and even Text Brokers (mostly low pay, but they are getting better). Check Craigslist in the Gigs section for Writing. Don't just look in your locale, check the bit cities like New York, DC, LA, Dallas, New Orleans, etc. Set aside some time in the day to just seek out opportunities, but don't spend countless hours doing it. Commit to an hour or so for searching (whatever works for you), then use the rest to write.

You also might get some bites by posting something on PeoplePerHour, but set your rate and stick to it as much as possible. I help a lot of people who want to freelance. In fact, if anyone would like some pointers or help you can find me on Facebook under Stephanie A. Mayberry.

Sharon R., 2013-09-23, 05:04PM CDT

Yikes! I wish I would have read your comments before I got scammed by mywritingjob.com. I have emailed them four times for a refund, and I have not received any response back. What a rip off!

Mary, 2013-10-10, 11:10PM CDT

Wish I had seen this before I paid $54.00 that I cannot afford. I am desperate for a job and like to write so I gave it a try. I knew it wasn't for me right away but no one answers phone or emails. I don't trust Craigslist anymore. That is where I found these thieves.

John G., 2014-02-16, 07:17PM CST

I am embarrassed to say I was convinced by the video. I AM a writer and am fortunate to HAVE work, so my thoughts go out to those who were scammed by what appeared to be a sincere effort and a legitimate website. Does anyone know what RECOURSE we have for a situation such as this? If these people are getting away with stuff like this, and there's no apparent accountability, the internet is becoming an attraction, or maybe already has, for the scourges of society and there's nothing that can be done? CERTAINLY there's someone out there with legal expertise (and a HEART) who entered the law profession to discourage wrongdoing and is less concerned with his/her FEE!

50cabd75, 2014-02-18, 01:40PM CST

I was actually able to get a refund after approximately 20 attempts. The only time that I ever got a response was when I sent them copies of my complaints to the BBB and the FBI. The BBB complaint got me a return email stating that they "couldn't find anyone with my name" in their records. The FBI website for internet fraud screenshot that I sent got me a refund in less than 24 hours. They must be making a great living off of the desperation of others. I should have been alarmed by the three grammatical errors in the video.