Fairbridge Inn and Suites - DOUBLE "PENDING' TRANSACTIONS

Posted on Sunday, November 11th, 2012 at 11:32pm CST by Laura M.

Product: Hotel

Company: Fairbridge Inn and Suites

Location: 334 US Highway 46 East
WAYNE, NJ, 07470, US

URL: www.fairbridgeinnandsuites.com

Category: Hotels

I checked into the Fairbridge Inn and Suites Hotel in on Saturday, November 10 and was due to check out on Monday, November 12. The dates indicate a two night stay. I, in checking my banking on the second night at the hotel, discovered that the Fairbridge not only withheld $273 plus change as authorized for the "stay, but then placed a hold on an additional $272! The Fairbridge DOUBLED the amount then made UNAVAILABLE to me in my account. I understand one charge pending, but not TWO! I called the front dest to inquire about the total of $545 instead of $273! I was told that the reason was unknown, no one was available to answer at that time, that even if the manager was available, the response would be the same...no reason and to just wait 3-5 days until the bill straightened itself out! I replied that was unacceptable! Why could I not have access to my money to which the Hotel was not entitled! The clerk said that I just had to "wait" and that the hotel "might not process double payment." However, the hotel overdrew my account, I need the money and WHY WAS I BEING SLAMMED WITH A DOUBLE BILL FOR NO REASON!? I said to void the second charge. I was told that it was not possible. I was told again to "wait" for a few days. WHY? I WANT MY $272 available immediately! I find the Fairbridge to be dishonest, gredy, unprofessional and operating under questionable and shoddy business practices!