ADT - home security

Location: 21 Northfield Ave
EDISON, NJ, 08837, US

URL: adt.com

Category: Home, Garden

I had a security system installed in my home in March 2012. The installer never explained properly how the system worked hence my home was unprotected all this time 11/12.

In July a tree fell and pulled a power line down and when the power company had a crew cut the treel they cut the neutral on the line. I had smoke in my house and the ADT system never called the fire department, I did. There was smoke in my house not 15 feet from their detector yet they said the system was working.

Last week a non-ADT smoke alarm went off and the ADT system again didn't respond. The fire buttom was pushed on the ADT keypad but no response from them.

I asked to speak with a supervisor on 11//1/12 and finally got a call back on 11/5/12. I wanted a full refund of my $1200 and they said that if I wanted the system removed they would charge me an additonal $700 for the contract termination and no refund.

They are difficult to deal with and nothing like their TV ads. I've been kept on hold for long periods of time and get a varying answer to my issues with each person I speak with.