Mr Rooter - Owner rude and Unprofessional

Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 at 5:48pm CDT by Annette M.

Product: Water heater

Company: Mr Rooter

Location: 221 Pinecrest Place
POOLER, GA, 31322, US

URL: www.savannah.mrrooter.com/

Category: Products, Services

I called Mr Rooter, talked with the receptionist and explained to her that my water heater wasn't giving me hot water. We scheduled a time for the tech to come out to fix this and I was asked how old the unit was. After realizing it was 22 yrs old, I asked if there was someone that could tell me what kind of water heater to buy and where to buy it before the tech came out so he wouldn't have to make a second trip. She informed me that the tech would be able to tell me this info and she would have him call me today. The tech finally called and apologized for it taking so long. This was ok, I understand it can get pretty busy. I explained to him what I needed as I wanted to make sure we had a new water heater there when he arrived for our appointment. He said he could give me this info without seeing what I had first and I told him I did understand but didn't appreciate his receptionist telling me he could give this info to me. He got very defensive and told me that was his 20 year old daughter and she doesn't lie. His attitude became worse when we talked about whether he or I would purchase the water heater after he told me what kind I would need. He proceeded to tell me it would cost me $401 and some change for the labor only. He asked if that price was satisfactory, I said not really and his reply was "Well, there's no need for me to come out then".