Windows 7 Forums - Website Corruption

Posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 5:06pm CDT by Gary S.

Company: Windows 7 Forums

URL: www.sevenforums.com

Category: Internet Services

Apparently, Windows 7 Forums website has corrupted. They've gone the way of another 'Information Gathering Engine'. Any e-mail address you use for your profile is now considered 'Invalid'.

I went to that website to check on some details for updating my computer to Windows 7, and they needed my e-mail address to 'RESET' my password. Plus, they needed some information about my 'Location'. In what state I live, what city....etc........... Where I live shouldn't be of concern to them !!!!!!!!!!

After supplying my e-mail address, they insisted that my e-mail address wasn't a 'VALID' adress. I gave them opportunity for verification of my e-mail address. They NEVER bothered to send me an e-mail, for me to respond to, to veryify amy address.

So....after all that...now they have SOME (not all...including my personal information) of my information, they don't respond to ANY correspondence. Now that they have that information, they can probably use it for whatever purpose they deem important !!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE OR GO TO www.sevenforums.com WINDOWS 7 FORUMS.

Gary Stanullwich

c11b3405, 2012-10-17, 07:21PM CDT

there's absolutely nothing wrong with the website. i go daily.